Arthur

SeloBarca

Feel bad for him. No matter how well he plays, he always gets subbed.
You have the choice to either sub the worst player on the field in our team, or the best..

Ken_rosseneri

I think that's a reasonable decision
In the end of the match Rakitic has more strength advantages to close down the game

I mean Valverde can't possibly do that game in game out.. but guess what? he does... who does that? Valverde is a clown.. can't wait for him to be gone

Andresito

Staff member
Well considering Busquets, Rakitic, Suárez and Messi are immune to substitutions, it's quite clear who'll get sacrificed.

abiabi

Valverde is a fucking idiot.

He subs Arthur for muscle in every game, when we dont need it.

THE TIME WE FUCKING NEEDED MUSCLE, IN ROME, HE DIDN'T PUT PAULINHO IN BEFORE ROMA SCORED THE 3RD

Vilarrubi

No words for this guy really... has anyone fit in so fast before bearing in mind he wasn't starting games at the start of the season.

serghei

why does Valverde always take him out and leave Rakitic? what'll happen when De Jong comes?

Because at some point in games, when we lead, Valverde goes defensive. And in this case, Arthur is no longer that much of an asset. Arthur is a possession creator and tempo setter. All that goes out the window when you decide to defend a lead.

Vilarrubi

Because at some point in games, when we lead, Valverde goes defensive. And in this case, Arthur is no longer that much of an asset. Arthur is a possession creator and tempo setter. All that goes out the window when you decide to defend a lead.

I felt at 2-1 it was a bit risky taking him out. 3-1 I would understand much more... turned out fine in the end though.

Obiaseti

He was flawless today. This guys unforced error rate is Xaviestaesque. It's insane that we were even allowed to land him for that cheap.

Arizona Scott

why does Valverde always take him out and leave Rakitic? what'll happen when De Jong comes?

They both get tired but one has had more muscle problems this year. Ideally Rakitic doesn't have to play 90 either, but when you have Arthur, Coutinho, Dembele & Vidal, usually Rakitic and Busi are going to be the ones left out there and be told to suck it up until the whistle while other players have slightly less intense schedules.

Hopefully neither Arthur nor Rakitic have to play a full match this weekend, they deserve rest and conservation.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans