Arthur

YodaMaster

Now that first half was world class midfield display, first time I see him be involved everywhere, defense, build-up, attack. Ball recoveries, key passes up front, and as usual our best (and almost sole) midfielder in build-ups.

In possession, he did all the midfield job by himself, from defense to attack.

As I said in the chat, if Arthur can perform like that every week, you can gather all the others mids together and he'd be still better than them by himself.

serghei

Sorry, but Arthur has areas in his game he's the best in the world at right now. Nobody in midfield keeps the ball that well in world football. It's up to him to improve his other skills and he'll dominate at CM for years to come.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
It’s unlike anything I’ve seen for a very long time. His ball control is ridiculous. Simply outstanding. This guy will absorb all the pressure CL teams will put on us all by himself.

serghei

It’s unlike anything I’ve seen for a very long time. His ball control is ridiculous. Simply outstanding. This guy will absorb all the pressure CL teams will put on us all by himself.

Vidal ain't too bad at holding off pressure either. These two with a DM in the middle and we could be going places in CL.

Neeraj

I said right at the start - he's the one I'm most excited by. More than Dembele, more than Coutinho. There's something about him. I absolutely love this guy.

Leo_Messi

Those of us who have eyes and who understand the game and the club's philosophy never had any doubts that Arthur was the real deal. Which makes his recent absence from the team (past few many weeks) even more strange considering that we played our best football with him on the field earlier in the season. Cobardeverde is a strange little man though. Very shocked that he had the balls to play Arthur, Coutinho, Dembélé and Messi at the same time. Must have been an incredibly brave decision for him and it probably made him sleepless at night just thinking about such an option.

Last edited:

YodaMaster

Sorry, but Arthur has areas in his game he's the best in the world at right now. Nobody in midfield keeps the ball that well in world football. It's up to him to improve his other skills and he'll dominate at CM for years to come.

Yeah despite him being physically small, he's so strong on the ball, big dudes come at him rugby style and he stays on his feet even when the ref whistles for a foul.

The first 45 mins were amazing. Second half, once again you can feel in the last 20-15 mins he tires.
It's pretty obvious that he has all the skills in every area, his main flaw seems to be his stamina which is the easiest thing to fix normally.
He improved so much in the 3-4 months since his arrival despite his coach being a youngster hater. Sky is the limit for this guy, he has great skills and the right mentality.

I believe with a world class coach, he'll easily become top 3 CM in the world. But in football you never know, let's hope for the best.

xXKonan

When I watch him play, I see a guy who can help elevate other players to be even better.

I bet our other CMs probably enjoy playing with someone like him the most. Having a CM partner who can control the tempo and being press resistant you would feel more confident knowing you have someone watching your back controlling things and being confident they won't lose the ball. Having that security helps get the best out of other CMs who can help do their own thing without worrying to much about other things.

SeloBarca

He ofcourse has to improve in pretty much everything.
Thats the thing with BBZ&Co, they think that we think Arthur is already complete.
If you have eyes, and have some basic skills or seeing potential, its easy to see Arthur pretty much fits into all the categories required.
Xavi achieved his max potential 10/10 (20/10)
Arthur is maybe at 4/10, but with the right coaching, he has everything needed to climb that ladder.

Home of Barca Fans