Arthur

Androutsos

I wonder what Valverde is going to use him as. I think he's being wasted as a lone pivot in a 4-3-3. Yeah he played in a double pivot for Gremio but it's a little different playing as a lone one in a 4-3-3.

I've been thinking about this as well, as he seems to take a lot of the spaces that Busi does, maybe they are still trying to figure that all out.

abiabi

Just watched that libertadores finals performance and it was insane how he was changing directions and running around players.

Then one of the asshole argentines made a horrible tackle in his ankles, which ruptured completely his ankle ligaments.

Does anyone know if you have a complete tear of ankle ligament hamper your ability to change directions with such explosion?

Kingkongkong

Just watched that libertadores finals performance and it was insane how he was changing directions and running around players.

Then one of the asshole argentines made a horrible tackle in his ankles, which ruptured completely his ankle ligaments.

Does anyone know if you have a complete tear of ankle ligament hamper your ability to change directions with such explosion?
Basketball players often get these kind og injuries and they are very explosive, so i guess not, but idk

Gnidrologist

I wouldn't like him to become a pivot like mid in the sense of Busq. We need a mobile archetypical center mid, who can be everywhere, like a glue that Xavi was, even if of less quality. I think De Jong would be great hair to Busi. He is both very smart and forward thinking and great defensively. Think DM role would suit him best as he is not as mobile, but has good smarts.

feggydinho

Very impressive match for him today, we should also look out for Everton Soares. A very impressive forward. I was impressed by him and Arthur today

SeloBarca

I would like to see him move down and collect the ball a bit more.
He has SO much passingpotential in him, and he shows some glimpses of beeing able to collect, turn, then burst past.
He just needs the confidence and experiance to do it more often. He has all the skills needed for it.

Nothanks

saw the video, saw nothing too impressive about it.. if anything didn't half of you hate on rakitic's first half preformance last season for the very same thing arthur did in those 3 minutes?
(backpass / safe pass)

Joan

If Fred is his main (and only) competitor, he'll get into the starting 11 with ease. Fred's a bum. Didn't watch the match, though.

EdmondDantes

[youtube]ygmPq5VS2aQ[/youtube]

This is a better comp of his cameo last night. There's still one or two off-the-ball sprints not included that I was impressed with.

I woke up and went online to watch the second half of the game and Arthur looked bright. He's very silky in possession and never gives it away. Too bad the game was no longer competitive by the time he go on and the senior/starters that were still left on the field had already called it a night.

I think he's going to start their next match.

Felipetonelo

Not impressed with him last night, but I'm optimistic with his/Barca future. He's playing his first games at Barca and for Brazil squad, just like he played his first games at Gremio: dropping to collect the ball, passing around, doing his turns to keep the ball and build the play, with caution, not risking much, slowly building confidence, and doing things that gives you some glimpses about what he can do.

During 2017 season, he started to play week in week out and doing more and more extraordinary things, like that Libertadores Final, his best performance so far. So I think he's being smart. For both club and country, Arthur doesn't know his teammates well, so he's building confidence by doing simple, but important stuff, like never losing the ball. At Gremio, it worked so well, so he's trying to do the same for Barca & Brazil, playing "safe", until he's fully adapted to both teams.

Home of Barca Fans