Arthur

Jcar

@ BBZ8800 Lol, it's funny to see a supporter like you. Barcelona is all about technique and skills, but not for you ... the player has to have muscles above all. Anyways, did you know that your dream player may be another new wonderkid from Brazil? There plays Lucas Paqueta whom fills all the characteristics that you keep saying everyday that a midfielder should have. He is tall (180cm), strong and is fast. He has great skills, good technique and can shoot really well. I think that you would not like that he holds the ball too much sometimes, but he can definetely work on it, as he is not a drama queen (instead, Lucas Paqueta is humble).
The kid defends and runs a lot if needed, and he can play as CM or AM (his natural position).

A video for you:

[youtube]MIUHkI-WNQ8[/youtube]
There are better videos of him on Youtube, i just tryed to find a new one with this.

His team, Flamengo, is leading the Brazilian Championship. The boy was one of the names that were on Tite's backup list to the world cup (together with Arthur).

WHOSCORED:

+ Strengths
Aerial Duels - Very Strong
Dribbling - Strong
Long shots - Strong
Passing - Strong
Key passes - Strong
Defensive contribution - Strong

- Weaknesses:
Finishing - Weak (i disagree)

Lucas Paqueta's Style of Play:

Indirect set-piece threat
Gets fouled often
Likes to dribble
Likes to tackle

I'm brazilian, the second user to make a post talking about Arthur in this topic... Not that this matter anyways :D

Last edited:

Messi983

BBZ spoiling the party as always. :lol:

165260.jpg

Likes to dribble

He won't like that. And Paqueta is too young, BBZ likes oldies. :)

BBZ8800

This is what BBZ does when he sees that train

giphy.gif

I am not killing every train, though :lol:

Till now, in my career of killing the party and killing trains, I have managed to more or less successfully "kill" (and faced 1000s of insults each time): Alexis, Bartra, Neymar, Halilovic, Samper, Adama, Denis.
I am still working on Dembele's train.
I am unsure what to do with Alena's train in this moment, also tbh.
The only train where I was wrong was Mats. He turned from Frosty the Frozen into an awesome Gk. My bad, Mats.

About Arthur, he is good, he will probably make it here. We just need to slow down a train a little, it is speeding too fast after only 45 minutes of play.
About Malcom's train, nobody has an idea yet what to do with him.
About Lenglet, feel free to hop on a train. I won't crash him :lol:

So, you see, I am not actually demolishing every train. Just some...
I don't speak bad about Pique, Umtiti, Busi (except that he is slow), Rakitic, Messi (except that he is sulking when we are losing), Suarez etc.

I am the killer of crazy hype trains who got hype for no reason, or when the hype is too strong, due to people's biological desperation for new names/new hope/new heroes.
It is a dirty job, but someone has to do it. This is not Reddit, or some hippy or lala land where everything is perfect and all players are awesome :mou: :lol:

Vilarrubi

Till now, in my career of killing the party and killing trains, I have managed to more or less successfully "kill" (and faced 1000s of insults each time): Alexis, Bartra, Neymar, Halilovic, Samper, Adama, Denis.
The only train where I was wrong was Mats. He turned from Frosty the Frozen into an awesome Gk. My bad, Mats.

About Arthur, he is good, he will probably make it here. We just need to slow down a train a little, it is speeding too fast after only 45 minutes of play.

I don't speak bad about Pique, Umtiti, Busi (except that he is slow), Rakitic, Messi (except that he is sulking when we are losing), Suarez etc.

I am the killer of crazy hype trains who got hype for no reason, or when the hype is too strong, due to people's biological desperation for new names/new hope/new heroes.
It is a dirty job, but someone has to do it. This is not Reddit, or some hippy or lala land where everything is perfect and all players are awesome :mou: :lol:

How come you mentioned Arthur’s backpasses after 45 minutes.. but don’t ever mention it when Rakitic does it? Is it because he’s Croatian?

Raketa10

How come you mentioned Arthur’s backpasses after 45 minutes.. but don’t ever mention it when Rakitic does it? Is it because he’s Croatian?

How come majority of you are mentioning Rakitic’s backpasses after every game, but you don’t mention it when Arthur does it? Is it because he’s Brazilian? :lol:

Vilarrubi

How come majority of you are mentioning Rakitic’s backpasses after every game, but you don’t mention it when Arthur does it? Is it because he’s Brazilian? :lol:

Because he’s played 45 minutes of a pre-season friendly and hasn’t been doing it for the past 3 years....... :lol: :lol:

Gnidrologist

I cannot be the only one that noticed how much of a positive outlook BBZ had when we were linked to and signed Paulinho, and were linked heavily to Willian this summer.

Why is anyone surprised he's either clutching at straws or straight up BSing?

Arthur is a 1.74m, 22 year old player coming from the Brazilian League. Had he only been 10 cm taller you would have seen BBZ making up his percentages about how successful he would be and how we'll win the CL this upcoming season just like he was sure the 4-4-2 and Paulinho was the missing piece last season :)

People here might be overly optimistic and there might be a sense of euphoria when it comes to Arthur right now, especially based on one pre-season game, but you must be one hell of a miserable person to always point out the negatives in life.
And he always does this in such a long winded and contrived way you wonder what goes through a person's mind writing walls off redundant non sequiturs.

RMU ReBorn

Because Arthur is a Barca DNA player and Rakitic is not :VdB:

Willian isn't coming anymore as Malcom was the backup option.

Rakitic will be a starter next season along with Coutinho as Valverde is a big fan of Rakitic. But Valverde could mix it up a bit here and there with Arthur in the mix in the Midfield especially if he performs well.

Rakitic is the player who played most minutes for Barca in last three seasons . Not just valverde , Lucho too liked him and there is a reason why he gets the managers backing unlike the guardiolists here who will drool over someone who will give a through pass out of 9 or 10 attempts

Last edited:

El Flaco

BBZ acting as a devil's advocate is quite something else lol

Jombi

BBZ acting as a devil's advocate is quite something else lol

Doesnt it mean he should know what he is talking about? Its not constructive to shit on a player he hasnt seen play before just because some random forumer calls someone a new Pele. Thats just dumb. Neymar has turned into a superstar and Halilovic is...in the same bracket as Neymar apparently. Thats funny. Just a few days ago, he said that Arthur wouldnt be ready to contribute for another 3-4 years, he is apparently so young, and we are not Porto who can wait for so long. Now he says he is good and will probably make it? When absolutely nothing has changed, he is exactly the same player and just returned from vacation and played a few minutes in a friendly.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans