Arthur

EdmondDantes

Looking forward to him playing in our first pre-season game.

So am I.

Although I think he will be nervous and subsequently coy in his first outing for us.

Regarding his weight, I read 3 reports last week saying that we set him a special diet plan for him to shed 2 or 3 kgs. We should be seeing* a trimmer looking Arthur sooner rather than later. And he'll be much better for it fitness wise.

Last edited:

Catta

Regarding his weight, I read 3 reports last week saying that we set him a special diet plan for him to shed 2 or 3 kgs. We should be a trimmer looking Arthur sooner rather than later. And he'll be much better for it fitness wise.

He doesn't seem fat to me. If anybody should be put on a special diet plan it's Suarez, why they don't do it, is beyond me.

EdmondDantes

He doesn't seem fat to me. If anybody should be put on a special diet plan it's Suarez, why they don't do it, is beyond me.

Not fat per se, but his body fat looks to be above 11% - which is what they say footballers stay at during the season. Ronaldo for instance is sitting at 7% (as per his medical at Juve), most of our players - eye balling by the training pics look to be lower than 11% as well.

Arthur's upper body is very built but he has barely any definition, and, in my view, there's no need for an athlete to carry that extra weight. But then again, I don't know but going by the reports I cited above, the people at Barca who had a look at him seem to agree.

And you're right, I feel Luis would be better off emulating the physique he had as a youngster in the Eredivisie. Not meaning to bring up Ronaldo again, but I do vaguely remember reading that he had a team of Sports Scientists suggest he lost 1.5kg a year (after he turned 30) to maintain his athleticism to counter ageing. And he does indeed look slimmer than before.

God Serena

Not fat per se, but his body fat looks to be above 11% - which is what they say footballers stay at during the season. Ronaldo for instance is sitting at 7% (as per his medical at Juve), most of our players - eye balling by the training pics look to be lower than 11% as well.

Arthur's upper body is very built but he has barely any definition, and, in my view, there's no need for an athlete to carry that extra weight. But then again, I don't know but going by the reports I cited above, the people at Barca who had a look at him seem to agree.

And you're right, I feel Luis would be better off emulating the physique he had as a youngster in the Eredivisie. Not meaning to bring up Ronaldo again, but I do vaguely remember reading that he had a team of Sports Scientists suggest he lost 1.5kg a year (after he turned 30) to maintain his athleticism to counter ageing. And he does indeed look slimmer than before.

God damn. You know, I really, really dislike Ronaldo, but the dedication he puts in to himself to be as good as he can be is truly something to behold, not just in football, but life in general. Damn.

Saladin

Ronaldo is a fucking machine. Hats off to him, he had to push himself to the absolute maximum and beyond to even be compared to Leo, who is also athletic, but by no means in the same bracket as Cristiano. As Zlatan put it 'Messi is pure talent, Ronaldo is a hard worker'.

EdmondDantes

God damn. You know, I really, really dislike Ronaldo, but the dedication he puts in to himself to be as good as he can be is truly something to behold, not just in football, but life in general. Damn.

He may be a narcissist but as a sportsman, his character and dedication are immaculate. He's not a footballing God like Messi but boy did he make the absolute most out of his talent.

I don't like Cristiano, and his time at Madrid made me despise him at times, with all the me-me-me and the diving but now that he's gone I'm indifferent about him.

I do like the fact he has no tattoos though.

EdmondDantes

It's on the 28th so in three days.

I can't wait.

I see that Man Utd have played 3 games, Liverpool 3 or 4, Inter Milan 4, Chelsea played 1 I think, and I've been eagerly waiting for our first match. We're nearly there.

Arthur will probably get 45 minutes, like every other player.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Would be unfortunate if duds like Gomes, Paco, Munir, or Rafinha get much playing time. Even Denis I really don't care to see. I want the players with legit talent to be able to show what they can do, the likes of Ruiz, Arthur, Monchu, Miranda, etc.

Joan

Would be unfortunate if duds like Gomes, Paco, Munir, or Rafinha get much playing time. Even Denis I really don't care to see. I want the players with legit talent to be able to show what they can do, the likes of Ruiz, Arthur, Monchu, Miranda, etc.

+1

Definetely. I hope we don't see all that deadweight. What's the point? But I can already see it.. Cillessen; Semedo, Mina, Lenglet, Digne; Gomes, Denis, Rafinha; Malcom, Paco, Munir. No matter we'll sell half the squad after they come back.

serghei

Agree. At least play the more talented ones first, since it's pretty clear the unwanted players will play as well.

Home of Barca Fans