Arthur

serghei

If both he and Alena come good this season it would completely rejuvinate our midfield.

Unlikely as one is a new promote and the other has no European experience but a man can dream I guess.

True. Only worry is our conservative manager. Playing unproven youngsters is risky. It works if you're Pep, Klopp, Zidane, or some ballsy great manager.

God Serena

True. Only worry is our conservative manager. Playing unproven youngsters is risky. It works if you're Pep, Klopp, Zidane, or some ballsy great manager.

The thing is, it just makes too much sense not to at least try it. Last season we sacrificed youth development for our unbeaten season just so we could let Mina ruin it by himself in a single game. I pray Valverde doesn't make the same mistake. Madrid is in shambles and are losing both Zidane and Ronaldo, and Atletico doesn't have the consistency needed to be a threat, so we can still win the league while taking risks.

With Paulinho (PLEASE GOD) and Iniesta leaving we have more spots in our midfield that need to be filled. We just have to hope Valverde doesn't opt to use Denis and/or run Rakitic into the ground.

Jombi

I am very skeptical about the whole transfer. Not saying he will flop and I am not against it but people in here have too high expectations imo.

I think we should buy at least one other such player to reduce the pressure and risk a bit. Cant have him being the sole signing in midfield when we've just lost Iniesta and the rest are in their 30s (Raki, Busi and Paulinho). Thats a bit too much pressure for him IMO.

God Serena

I think we should buy at least one other such player to reduce the pressure and risk a bit. Cant have him being the sole signing in midfield when we've just lost Iniesta and the rest are in their 30s (Raki, Busi and Paulinho). Thats a bit too much pressure for him IMO.

I mean, technically Denis, Samper, and Alena are all pretty young. :lol:

Raketa10

I hope he succeeds here but he will need time. I wouldn’t expect much from him during his first year here. I hope he and Alena will prove they are worth of Barca shirt.

George_Costanza

I hope EV give him a proper chance to develop. I don't expect much from him the first 6 months. Hopefully, some here give him a slack and not judge him after the 4th game with usual whining bull shit "he isn't good enough" or "he doesn't fit our system".

ronniecro

arthur under valverde?well good luck son
i'm looking forward to seeing him in action but i'm not overly optimistic,i certainly don't expect to see much from him in first season

xXKonan

If Arthur can show Valverde that he can help retain the ball,Recycle possession and being good enough defensively in training and the chances he gets early on, I think Valverde will use him quite a bit this season.

Valverde uses Rakitic in a role like that next to Busi. not just being defensively, but helping in controlling and recycling possession as well. Valverde isn't perfect but especially during the first part of the season he wanted control on the field and we did so for the most part.

Valverde was likely looking for another player that can do what Rakitic/Busi can do. But it's up to Arthur to prove he can do it as well.

xXKonan

According to Globo since we struck an agreement in March, he has been taking Spanish lessons to help him get prepared for the move to Barcelona.

Home of Barca Fans