Arsenal

BXI Fútbol

Yeah it's embarrassing to have Sanogo as your only other option. He should be 3rd, 4th in the pecking order or on loan. Bendtner is slightly different, was promising once and if he ever got his head right I don't think there would be much between him and Giroud. That's not saying much however for a team that presumes to challenge for titles, they're no where near enough the quality for that.

It's sad to hear and read the abuse Wenger is getting, he deserves criticism but not abuse. Hearing that just makes me want to back him to turn things around. Hand on heart though it's probably best for a change, we're not going to compete for the very best players so we need to bridge the gap tactically and sadly that's where Arsene is lacking.

I understand tactical criticisms of Wenger but to call him tactically naive is idiotic (not saying you are, speaking of the general media-spun stupidities). He completely changed tactics against Wigan when he brought in Giroud and left in Sanogo and played an old-school 442; I really think Wenger deserves 2-3 more seasons to reap the rewards of his work and loyalty to the club - now he will be able to spend and get the players he needs to really implement his style. I hope he stays.

DB10

Well we're not trying to bridge the gap against the likes of Wigan, going 442 against opponents on par or better than you will lead to a field day for the opposition. Spurs did it in the derby at Emirates and were totally outclassed. Against Wigan it was desperate hail mary move from a manager who was in the most direst of situations, never have I seen Wenger so under pressure. Fans we're actually fighting each other at Wembley when a goal down, if we'd lost it really felt like the end of Arsene's reign. If we don't get 4th and win the FA Cup he may well walk, he may do so even if we do.

I have serious doubts he can bring in or attract the right players, I hope he can should he stay, but you can only go on past experience and the our last few transfer windows have been shocking (bar Ozil). Power and pace were once hallmarks of Wenger teams, now we are lacking in both. Fabianski, Sagna and Vermaelen are likely to leave, that's three players off the bat on top of what you already need to improve. (Striker, winger and a replacement for Arteta.) That's a lot of ins and outs for a club not famous for it's dynamism in the transfer market.

I just think we a ready for a new direction, we need a coach whose footballing philosophy concentrates on the game without the ball, not just with. The club should be making concrete plans for Wenger's successor, even if it means waiting a few years.

Must win game today. COYG.

H

Haruko The Goon

A RB and a Striker. £60m to play with. Not the most, but a decent amount.

splash it all on a striker if you ask me.

pEllee

So, who are you guys going for in the summer? You really need another striker...

Well, those who have been linked have already joined other clubs so I really don't know. There won't be any signings made before the world cup anyway. He's made that very clear already. After the world cup I reckon some average 10-15 goals a season striker/wide-forward will join.

pEllee

If Real get another striker I can see you guys going for Benzema again.

Nah, I don't think so. Benzema would be competing with his international teammate and I'm pretty sure he already said that he's not interested in doing that.

If Giroud decides to do the honorable thing and leave then he might be a possible target.

Home of Barca Fans