Argentina

NeyMesSis

Losing Di Maria is a big blow. Aguero will be back but not sure in what shape. Higuain getting his mojo back is a good thing but how Messi will link up with him is beyond me still. Argentina had to do more running but far less than the Dutch yesterday. So fatigue is a factor perhaps if the game goes to ET. SO far Argentina had all regular length games and they saved their juices to this stage.
switzerland

AURELIUS

switzerland

They have also not have had to travel as far though. They have played in Sao Paulo before and there will be a large Argentine support. The climate conditions in every match have also helped whereas Holland have had to play in Salvador and Fortaleza. It may provide some advantage as the game progresses.

Doobs

The Messiah
Don't believe any news has come out directly from the Argentina camp. But even then getting ready in time for Wednesday will require a miracle. Gosh, how will they replace him?

Kerrybai

Navas pulled off heroics for Costa Rica... I just don't feel Romero has it in him to do the same. They will need a huge slice of luck to advance.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
what does that song mean?

brazil say how do you feel
to have your DADDY at house(brazil)
i swear that even after many years
we will never forget
how diego dribbled passed you
and caniggia fucked you

you have been crying since italy until today
you are gonna see messi
and the cup he is gonna win
maradona is greater than pele

Last edited:

Kerrybai

what does that song mean?

Brazil, Tell Me How It Feels / To Be Bossed Around In Your Own Home / I Swear That Even If Years Pass / We Will Never Forget / That Diego [Maradona] Out-Skilled You / That Cani [Claudio Caniggia] Surprised You / You Are Crying Since Italy [World Cup 1990] Till Today / You Are Going To See Messi / The World Cup Will Be Ours / Maradona Is Greater Than Pelé

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
brazil say how do you feel
to have your DADDY at house(brazil)
i swear that even after many years
we will never forget
how diego dribbled
and caniggia fucked you

you have been crying since italy until today
you are gonna see messi
and the cup he is gonna win
maradona is greater than pele

Oh snap! I knew there was a big rivalry but I didn't realize it was that big

King Leo

Banned
When it comes to football rivalry between Argentina and Brazil is the greatest among all national teams out there. My friend in Brazil right now and he described many fights on the streets between the fans and the two teams have not yet met face to face. IF and that's a very big IF now, the two play the final, it will be without doubt the mother of all classicos. A game to remembe for decades and mind as well call on the army to separate the fans at the stadium and everyone outside.

I dont think Brazil will meet Argentina. My guess Brazil will meet Argentina for a symbolic 3rd spot and Brazil fans wont be harsh on their team any more since Neymar and De Silva will be out, In fact they will support them strongly as they win 3rd with FIFA help.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I honestly did not expect Sabella to go for the 4-4-2, the most solid defensive formation at the moment. Came out of nowhere, kudos to him. Enzo Perez also doing a great job on the right side of that midfield.

Only worried about Argentina's attacking transitions, no one who can bring the ball up a la Di Maria. Hope to see Argentina take an early lead again, they haven't faced a goal down situation yet and am not sure their current first XI can make a lot out of that situation.

Gut feeling says Netherlands 4-0 Argentina, but mind says a close win for either team.

Home of Barca Fans