Argentina

blaugrana1987

The fact remains that Argentina did not have the team. It was the defense that betrayed Argentina. They were too slow. In addition, we did not have anyone that could replace Mascherano. What we need is to start from the back forward. First get a good defense and then form a winning team. After that, insert Messi. The problem is that Argentina gets 1 Million dollars if Messi plays friendlies and $100,000 if he doesn't. It is up to Messi to say I'm retired from the National Team and then change his mind.

Argentina does not have the world class defensive players that I'm aware of. We do have the midfielders and forwards with the exception of Mascherano, who is a generational type of player. He will be very difficult to replace. It is just like Spain trying to replace Busquets - there is no one.

The defeat of Argentina is not that bad. We played better than Germany that was ousted by South Korea and not France, a superior team. The two finalists of Brazil-2014 are out. Furthermore, Ronaldo is also out of the World Cup.

Hektor
I dont think you have good MF at all. Maybe with kranvitter and Lo Celso in sync, but now? Far from it.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Even more pissed now that they got eliminated and how badly they turned up. Even more happy now how Portugal got eliminated yesterday.

Jenks

Would Argentina be more balanced without Messi in the team? Are they good enough off the ball to have a player who is absolved from certain defensive responsibilities the way the top club teams do?

Chainsaw

Killahead
[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Marcelo Gallardo appears to be the main candidate by the media to become the new Argentina coach. Many reporting that Jorge Sampaoli will not remain as manager of the team.</p>— Roy Nemer (@RoyNemer) <a href="https://twitter.com/RoyNemer/status/1013581466062786560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 2, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

RMU ReBorn

Would Argentina be more balanced without Messi in the team? Are they good enough off the ball to have a player who is absolved from certain defensive responsibilities the way the top club teams do?
Yeah they are so much of a team without him .Managed to win only one match out of the 8 he missed out in qualifiers

jairzinho

Yeah they are so much of a team without him .Managed to win only one match out of the 8 he missed out in qualifiers

:messi:

Argentina would be more balanced without Sampaoli as their manager.
They're out of the tournament because he was tactically inept.

soul24rage

Thanks for the link. Do anyone know how the media in Argentina reacted after the loss against France?

I'm guessing the argentinian media is saying that it's a disaster, but I just found out the argentinian public perception of Messi, AFA, Sampaoli, etc. and 70% are favorable to Messi and ~70% are unfavorable both to AFA president Tapia and Sampaoli respectively. It's from July 1, 2018.

IMG_20180702_234820.jpg

Hektor

I agree with the article. However, everything has to do with the utterly corrupt Julio Grondona and nothing with Claudio Tapia who has to paste together the broken dishes. However, the present AFA situation is not as dire as the article indicates. The U-15 and U-17 are now under Pablo Aimar and not under Grondona's son. The head of all Argentine National teams - the boss of Sampaoli - is Jorge Burruchaga who is also in charge of the U-20 team and maybe the U-23 team (Olympic Team.) One thing that we should never forget (something the article omitted) is that Julio Grondona did not act alone. He was the first FIFA Vice-President and the "Consiglieri" to the Don himself, Joseph Blatter. The corruption started with FIFA and spread downward. UEFA is also very corrupt, btw.

Hektor

Home of Barca Fans