Argentina

Hektor

The probable most likely formation against Nigeria:

https://images.ole.com.ar/2018/06/24/rJRSp5pW7_660x0__2.jpg#1529879942871

Franco Armani; Eduardo Salvio, Nicolás Otamendi, Gabriel Mercado, and Nicolás Tagliafico; Enzo Pérez, Javier Mascherano, Éver Banega and Ángel Di María; Lionel Messi and Gonzalo Higuaín

I understand this formation, because it is the last WC that the historical players will play before the new generation takes over, like Mascherano, Biglia, Di Maria, Banega, Mercado, Otamendi. Higuain, Aguero, Enzo Perez, etc. This historical generation has taken Argentina to three straight finals including Brazil-2014 and yet have not won their most sought after trophy - the World Cup. However, if they win against Nigeria, this formation will not go far. They will probably lose against France in the first round of eliminations. It is a fatal mistake not to play Lo Celso, Pavon, and Dybala. Argentina has to settle in a starting formation. They cannot change game after game. This is not the formation. I did not include Messi, because I strongly believe that he will play in Qatar-2022. Messi will not be the main player then, at 35. He will be probably the first sub.

Hektor

Last edited:

jamrock

Who is the meza guy and why as he started two games in a row.

Plus how the hell do you not figure out away to get a player like Dybala in hour xI

Flavius

If they don't start Dybala, who actually can do something with the ball when he.is not marked (because 3-4 Nigerians will be surely on Messi) then this team is so doooooomed.

wisconsincule

Yeah get Enzo Perez out of there and just start Dybala. They need to win this match. Nigeria can play for the draw so more defending deep and trying to hit on the counter. Dybala can at least break through the lines by dribbling past his man. What does Perez offer? Nothing...

Meatball

Who is the meza guy and why as he started two games in a row.

Plus how the hell do you not figure out away to get a player like Dybala in hour xI

He is a midfielder of the mighty Independiente in the Argentine league. He did because Sampaoli liked it that way.

Hektor

He ia very good player for Independent in the Argentine League with Tagliafico. Now, Indpendiente is my team since I can remember. We produced a lot of quality players like Aguero. However, he is no Dybala, not even close. He would be the best alternative if we did not have Dybala. IMHO, we do not have a chance without him.

Hektor

Hektor

The latest is that Rojo is in and Salvio is out.

The last practice before departing for St. Petersburg, for the Nigeria game, the formation is as follows:

Armani; Mercado, Otamendi, Rojo, Tagliafico; Enzo Pérez, Mascherano, Banega, Di María; Messi and Higuaín. No Dybala, Lo Celso, or Pavon. Let us pray!

Hektor

wisconsincule

I think it’s going to take a minor miracle from Messi for them to beat Nigeria. If they do somehow do that they will most likely play France where they will get curb stomped.

Hektor

I'm always sharing with you all the latest news I get. Therefore, here are the latest:

Enzo Perez is not 100% fit physically. Sampaoli does not know at this time if he will start against Nigeria. He will until the last minute to make a decision. Le us pray that he will not start. :worthy:

If I were the Argentine coach and Dybala was to start, I would not announce it until the last minute. Maybe, this is the case, but I seriously doubt it. If not Perez, he will opt for someone else, but as the they, "hope springs eternal."

Hektor

Hektor

Ever Banega is starting, because Messi asked for him to Sampaoli. He wanted the Argentine midfielder because he did not get the ball against Croatia.

The following are my thoughts. Everyone is concentrating in Argentina's victory over Nigeria. It all depends what happens between Croatia and Iceland since Croatia is starting its B team. Iceland has defeated the A team before. Croatia is the first team that will start an alternative team in Russia-2018.

Hektor

Joan

Ever Banega is starting, because Messi asked for him to Sampaoli. He wanted the Argentine midfielder because he did not get the ball against Croatia.

The following are my thoughts. Everyone is concentrating in Argentina's victory over Nigeria. It all depends what happens between Croatia and Iceland since Croatia is starting its B team. Iceland has defeated the A team before. Croatia is the first team that will start an alternative team in Russia-2018.

Hektor

Still all up to them.

They only need to win with a bigger difference even if Iceland beats Croatia.

JamDav1982

Hektor

Could work out better the B team with players who know it may be their only chance and will give all though.

Teams have already been making changes though. Croatia wont be the first.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Iceland will have to play differently than they are built for, they will have to come out and attack Croatia. Whichever players Croatia plays with, I am confident if it is an open game that Croatia will out play them.

Home of Barca Fans