Arda Turan

Potroh

I still think Arda is a considerable factor of slowing down the entire "typical" Barca type of attack.
Denis was not noticeable in his place later on either, but Arda is definitely not a permanent solution anywhere in the team...:p
Good skills, often good situational awareness, but compare it to Neymar's speed and creativity on the left...

R

reaper

Arda just isn't meant to be at the club. Every game he gets is wasting essential experience for someone who does belong at the club.

El Flaco

Arda on the criticism towards him after Real Madrid game

"There was a lot of criticism regarding the foul I conceded in the last minutes of the game against Real Madrid, but it is foolish to claim that one foul decided the world's biggest game," Turan told AA.

"It was just a foul. In football, we win together and we lose together. It is simplistic to blame my foul for the draw.

"I think that I have been unfairly criticised. They are looking for a scapegoat, but I have enough experience to deal with this.

"I did not even leave my house after the Clasico, yet they claimed I had been going to a party. These lies do not affect me."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/arda-turan-angered-clasico-criticism-151629896.html

F

FlaFCB

It was a stupid foul, that didn't need to be committed. It'd be much better if he admitted that. And ultimately, it helped to decide the game.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The coach specifically told you not to foul, so no it was not just a foul you idiot.

You don't kick player down when he's not facing the goal AND surrounded by two of your team mates too.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No penalty, but quite stupid and unnecessary nonetheless. If you look at the video you can see Mascherano and Messi looking confused at what Arda did :lol:

If he had tried to take the ball, okay, but the guy just outright kicked Marcelo when he was told not to do anything like that.

Every team in the World knows how dangerous Real Madrid are on set-pieces in the final minutes of a game so there was a reason for Lucho telling Arda not to foul anyone. Obviously the shambolic marking didn't help either. Masche marking Ramos. Not sure if it was a masterplan by Unzue or the players just forgetting what their job was.

Last edited:

Iarwain

It was a fucking naive foul since Real were so desperately fishing for them and Marcelo was anticipating any contact to fall on the ground.

But I'm more baffled how Ramos, with his heading reputation, was allowed this:

Ramos.png

He didn't even win a heading DUEL, he was left completely free to head the ball in from the CENTRAL 6-7m from goal.

Home of Barca Fans