Arda Turan

Nucky

Why do I have the feeling that if he's sold, he won't be replaced by any player... The Andre Gomes' rumour seems like bullshit to me.

How about Yannick Carrasco from Atletico? He has 40m release clause in his contract, I also heard he rejected to renew his contract with Atletico.. Though I'd like to see Arda stay but Carrasco is better.. I agree with selling Arda only if we sign Carrasco instead.. I'm sure we will get 25-30m for Arda, then we add 10-15 and sign Carrasco..

God Serena

I never wrote he's proven. I suggested that he is one of the most promising young talents we have at a position of future need, and as a consequence of his enormous talent I think he will definitely go on to prove himself. Could I be wrong? Sure. But I dont think that'll be the case here. Aleñá will get the chance to prove himself during the preseason, but I never stated he IS proven. Again, I think he'll prove himself because of his tools, which is why I list him as part of the future of the 1st team. For those reasons (combined with Denis Suárez) I dont want the club to spend big at the position.

It's really stupid to not make signings based on any talented teenager who may be in your youth system. Imagine if we held off on signing Suarez and Neymar because of Munir and Adama and Sanabria, who were in the same spot Alena is now? Imagine if we had opted out of bringing Rakitic in because Kaptoum was carrying the Juvenil A midfield? And Masip was coming off of a monster season for Barca B, imagine if we'd have not signed Mats OR Bravo because of that?

Your line of reasoning is flawed and there's a reason no coach has followed it.

Wick

It's really stupid to not make signings based on any talented teenager who may be in your youth system. Imagine if we held off on signing Suarez and Neymar because of Munir and Adama and Sanabria, who were in the same spot Alena is now? Imagine if we had opted out of bringing Rakitic in because Kaptoum was carrying the Juvenil A midfield? And Masip was coming off of a monster season for Barca B, imagine if we'd have not signed Mats OR Bravo because of that?

Your line of reasoning is flawed and there's a reason no coach has followed it.

Not really stupid given the amount of money being thrown around and the quality our promising youngster has. The players (Suarez and Neymar) you mentioned were and are far above the quality of their La Masia counterparts, so mentioning them is irrelevant. It's not a principle or about following a certain way, it's a case by case discussion. And in this case, unless we can get Verratti or someone equally talented, I find no reason to spend a lot of money on/perhaps even borderline overpay for a CM. Again, I never said he was proven. I said he will prove himself as a consequence of his immense talent, which is why we shouldn't go out and spend anything from 25 million and above on a CM. Especially given that our midfield can still be top quality for some years to come.

God Serena

Not really stupid given the amount of money being thrown around and the quality our promising youngster has. The players (Suarez and Neymar) you mentioned were and are far above the quality of their La Masia counterparts, so mentioning them is irrelevant. It's not a principle or about following a certain way, it's a case by case discussion. And in this case, unless we can get Verratti or someone equally talented, I find no reason to spend a lot of money on/perhaps even borderline overpay for a CM. Again, I never said he was proven. I said he will prove himself as a consequence of his immense talent, which is why we shouldn't go out and spend anything from 25 million and above on a CM. Especially given that our midfield can still be top quality for some years to come.

Our midfield doesn't have the legs to be top quality "For years to come". Our only starter quality midfielders are Iniesta and Rakitic and Iniesta is getting old while Rakitic rapidly fluctuates from world-beater to Fabregas level. Denis is the only hope we have as of now and even he at present is more comfortable playing on the wing. Transitioning him to play Iniesta's position is just being hopeful as of right now.

And I've explained already, there is nothing to show Alena *will* prove himself. Playing well against teenagers and 3rd division opponents is fine and all, but the first team is several steps above that and we've had countless cases of top La Masia players failing to make it. What will we do if Alena ends up flopping at senior level? We can't waste our present years because we're too excited about our future.

Is anybody else left on this forum that thinks he might actually have a good season for us?

"A madman sees what he sees."

SeloBarca

Samper is the only youngster you rate? So Carles Aleñá is air to you? There are several promising youngsters at La Masia for the future. Aleñá will be our CM for the future. There is no beed to buy one now seeing Busquets, Rakitic and Iniesta can play another 2-3 seasons (maybe more) together at top level. Then at age 20-21 Aleñá can take over and be paired with Busquets and possibly Denis Suárez. Now, Dennis isn't a AM now, but it doesn't mean he can't play there in the future (i.e. in 2-3 seasons from now). A lot of players learn new position, and he has the tools to do it. Now he got the best teachers to show his the ropes. He may not have what it takes now, but he doesn't need to. He'll be ready when time comes. As will Aleñá.

Aleña is doing ok, but nothing fantastic.
The only one that maybe, maybe might become great is 12 years old Xavi Simons.
Lee was very hyped but well see about him. I really like SK/Japanese players and think its an untapped market, but i have my doubts.
Paik might actually have surpased Lee.

Iniesta has been struggling the last 2 years now, and he mainly lives on the fact that hes so extremly above everyone else when he plays his best.
But his age is starting to show.
Suarez just doesnt have the talent needed to be a true starter, neither does Rafinha or Roberto.

Devils

Juventus isn't a bad shout for Arda.

Seems like Barca fans have pretty much given up on this guy anyway. He could use a fresh start as ridiculous as it sounds.

Sniperr7

1265858_7bbd0ae42c77c0ec18348eb188e4c5e0.jpg

e201bd824a3547967312fd31e757f52b_k.jpg

6d1865c37e4b29ea96a1f7a2491ac557_k.jpg

LET HİM SOME RELAX YOU BOYSS.. :)

BBZ8800

And I've explained already, there is nothing to show Alena *will* prove himself. Playing well against teenagers and 3rd division opponents is fine and all, but the first team is several steps above that and we've had countless cases of top La Masia players failing to make it. What will we do if Alena ends up flopping at senior level? We can't waste our present years because we're too excited about our future.

There is still some hope for our forum.
Well done Serena, you are improving.

Btw, I love Alena, but planning our future for something that may or may not happen in 4-5 years... isn't too good.
Also, you haven't mentioned all players. Imagine if we "waited" for all of these youngsters: Deulo, Halil, Munir, Sandro, Adama, Dongou, Lee, Bartra, Roberto, Rafinha, Denis, Kaptoum, Samper, Grimaldo.

It is nice to dream about future and also we need to give some chances to most promising youngsters, but as you have said, if we will waste our present because of new guys for the future which are knocking at our doors in each new season, we will soon end as Arsenal.
A team who always has a brighter future than a present, but for some reason, that bright future never comes.

Imagine wasting Messi's final years, or years with the most expensive attacking trio (MSN) on waiting to see whether Samper or Alena will turn into a Barca's leve one day.
We would lose way more (money, trophies) than we would get even if all those youngsters turn into new Xavis.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans