Arda Turan

gasgas

I have no idea what happened to him. He only missed 4 months of official football and not like he was injured or something, he was training with the team every day so his come back should've been much smoother. I know players who didn't play a whole season due to injury but recovered form in a month or two at max.

he got permanent rust :cry:

serghei

I have no idea what happened to him. He only missed 4 months of official football and not like he was injured or something, he was training with the team every day so his come back should've been much smoother. I know players who didn't play a whole season due to injury but recovered form in a month or two at max.

Some players handle that better than others. What if he slacked off during those 4 months and is now not fit enough to play at the highest level. You can't know for sure, giving that he played competitive football only half a season, and even then he was mostly a substitude who got few minutes of action since he was eligible to play for us.

I will not be overly critical until I give him a full season, because he's proved his worth as a footballer at Atletico were he was one of the best midfielders in Spain and one of the most important players in Simeone's Atletico 2013-14 season. It's not like we're talking about Douglas here, although looking at some of the comments in this thread one would get that impression.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Some players handle that better than others. What if he slacked off during those 4 months and is now not fit enough to play at the highest level. You can't know for sure, giving that he played competitive football only half a season, and even then he was mostly a substitude who got few minutes of action since he was eligible to play for us.

I will not be overly critical until I give him a full season, because he's proved his worth as a footballer at Atletico were he was one of the best midfielders in Spain and one of the most important players in Simeone's Atletico 2013-14 season. It's not like we're talking about Douglas here, although looking at some of the comments in this thread one would get that impression.

so what are you saying is he is the type if he don't play competitive football for any reason for few months then his form can drop for a whole season?! Do you know all players get injured all the times? then what you are saying is not logical. Also he didn't show any glimpse of his brilliance the past 7 months since he is back which make you think only under Simeone's system he did flourish.

serghei

so what are you saying is he is the type if he don't play competitive football for any reason for few months then his form can drop for a whole season?! Do you know all players get injured all the times? then what you are saying is not logical. Also he didn't show any glimpse of his brilliance the past 7 months since he is back which make you think only under Simeone's system he did flourish.

He didn't play competitive football from may 2015 until january 2016. That's 7 months man (not "a few", a few is like 2-3 months max). A lot. I've seen plenty of players who were not the same after not playing competitive games after such a long time. And now he has to play 3 games in 10 days or so against superior teams. Wow, such a big surprise he's playing badly and he doesn't look very fresh. As I said, next season will decide it all for him at Barca.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
I think Arda just needs a good pre season and supporting teammates and fans. He's a classy player with great ball control and vision. He'll come back.

DennyCrane

Well perhaps you are thinking of another sport, but in football - if a player is not seen to be trying - walking around.. and sarcastically puts his thumbs up at the fans to attack them... he will get booed. That is modern football..

Arda has not been scape goated, he has been one of the worst players on the pitch.. and he is their captain..

That is modern football indeed - gotta love the event fans. A shame he's no Effenberg, he'd put up a different finger.

George_Costanza

He didn't play competitive football from may 2015 until january 2016. That's 7 months man (not "a few", a few is like 2-3 months max). A lot. I've seen plenty of players who were not the same after not playing competitive games after such a long time. And now he has to play 3 games in 10 days or so against superior teams. Wow, such a big surprise he's playing badly and he doesn't look very fresh. As I said, next season will decide it all for him at Barca.

7 months? let me play a long with your numbers. All players don't play competitive football for 3 months summer break (unless they are playing a tournament). So according to you, at least Sep and October and maybe November most players in Europe are out of form which is crazy. Now someone suggested that he needs a pre-season i.e train with his team mates, learn new tactics and play few friendlies. Didn't he have that from September until January? Playing and training with the team as well as playing some Euro qualifiers with his NT, very competitive games? I give an example of injured players, someone like Rafinha was out for almost 9 months, he did ok when he was finally back. Again, I wouldn't be worried that much if he showed a glimpse of his Atletico form but he is beyond awful.

serghei

What are you talking about, he wasn't even allowed to take part in our friendly games in the summer. There's no buts and ifs, he chose Barcelona over United (rumored) and sacrificed 5 months of football to play at Barcelona while aware that he's going into a team that is very hard to play in. Probably sacrificed his form for the Euros considering that he was used very little after he became available (sure, his performances didn't help either), because we were stupid enough to play the La Liga title in the last round even though we had a huge lead towards the end of the season (and thus couldn't aford to use those games to try to integrate Turan properly and went for our standard 11 on a game by game basis).

Of course he needs the same conditions as all players in order to make a fair assessment about his value and his potential to help us. It's logical to offer the same chances for all players and then let the value and hard work of each player to tilt (or not) the scale in their favour. Arda Turan isn't to blame because we fucked up with the transfer of minor players and got ourselves a ban and left him on the sidelines for half a year. He is a collateral damage here, and we need to be patient and wait for him to have a shot at making it at this club like every player in the squad.

And about his games for Turkey, while under no playing time at Barca. Didn't he score against Nederlands for 2-0, assisted the first goal and was overall their Man of the Match in probably the game that made them hope they can qualify? Did he or didn't he? Didn't he assist a decisive goal against Czech Republic in the Preliminaries, right after that as well? If it wasn't for Turan in those games to lead Turkey, they would've stayed at home. Now, he's the enemy. Fucking fans...

Last edited:

George_Costanza

What are you talking about, he wasn't even allowed to take part in our friendly games in the summer. There's no buts and ifs, he chose Barcelona over United (rumored) and sacrificed 5 months of football to play at Barcelona while aware that he's going into a team that is very hard to play in. Probably sacrificed his form for the Euros considering that he was used very little after he became available (sure, his performances didn't help either), because we were stupid enough to play the La Liga title in the last round even though we had a huge lead towards the end of the season (and thus couldn't aford to use those games to try to integrate Turan properly and went for our standard 11 on a game by game basis).

Of course he needs the same conditions as all players in order to make a fair assessment about his value and his potential to help us. It's logical to offer the same chances for all players and then let the value and hard work of each player to tilt (or not) the scale in their favour. Arda Turan isn't to blame because we fucked up with the transfer of minor players and got ourselves a ban and left him on the sidelines for half a year. He is a collateral damage here, and we need to be patient and wait for him to have a shot at making it at this club like every player in the squad.

And about his games for Turkey, while under no playing time at Barca. Didn't he score against Nederlands for 2-0, assisted the first goal and was overall their Man of the Match in probably the game that made them hope they can qualify? Did he or didn't he? Didn't he assist a decisive goal against Czech Republic in the Preliminaries, right after that as well? If it wasn't for Turan in those games to lead Turkey, they would've stayed at home. Now, he's the enemy. Fucking fans...

So he sacrificed 4 months of his career (which is not that big a deal as I explained) now we are obligated to have him even if he plays bad? He already got the same condition and maybe more than the normal 1.5 month pre seasons every player gets to adjust to our system. You admit he played competitive football with NT and played well so as I said he had a longer pre season (Sep-Dec) and played competitive football with NT. Then what are you arguing about?

no use to argue with you, you are not making any sense!

serghei

So he sacrificed 4 months of his career (which is not that big a deal as I explained) now we are obligated to have him even if he plays bad? He already got the same condition and maybe more than the normal 1.5 month pre seasons every player gets to adjust to our system. You admit he played competitive football with NT and played well so as I said he had a longer pre season (Sep-Dec) and played competitive football with NT. Then what are you arguing about?

no use to argue with you, you are not making any sense!

Well, yes, he's under contract, so we are obligated to have him. Not only that, but we are (morally) obligated to respect a man that has come to play for us at a time when probably most wouldn't have done it. Trust the player until it becomes clear he is not at the required level (or he won't be). So far that is not clear at all. His bad form could be something that can pass.

Alves in 2014, after the world cup was "supposedly" done at a high level based on the majoritar opinion here. Was even replaced by Maicon :)lol: now that is a player that is "done") and watched the 7-1 trashing from the bench. Less than a year later he won the treble with the team being the best RB in the world again. Things change, it's very hard for a player to be "done" at 29 years old. More likely, it's a bad period, that we need to help him get through it. If he can't, fine, we part ways. But we need to make sure we do our part, in order to allow the player to do his.

Last edited:

Sniperr7

woman problem..

Sniperr7

32_d.jpg

lol

Home of Barca Fans