Arda Turan

Potroh

I do hope (just hope) that Arda's today performance was a good sign or proof to all those who naively believed that he could replace Neymar...

Pepfan

I do hope (just hope) that Arda's today performance was a good sign or proof to all those who naively believed that he could replace Neymar...

Thanks Neymar was not on the pitch. He would have either got injured or destroyed by atletico players. Did you see intensity with which they were playing even messi was finding difficult to get time on ball.

Arda certainly had a quiet game but the service from midfield was no good.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He played too high on the pitch and we had troubles bringing ball forward so he was effectively cut off.

Against oppositions who defend deep he looks good but someone oughta tell Lucho Atlético is different than Las Palmas.

So not really Arda's fault Lucho can't make adjustements according to opposition beyond player A for player B.

Alik

I doubt anyone thinks Arda should ever be a permanent replacement for Neymar. However, one match isn't proof of anything at all. Especially when the team is struggling to survive, one man down against Atletico.

I doubt anyone thinks Arda should ever be a permanent replacement for Neymar. However, one match isn't proof of anything at all. Especially when the team is struggling to survive, one man down against Atletico.

But why use nuance when "lording over" is possible :pep:

R

reaper

He played too high on the pitch and we had troubles bringing ball forward so he was effectively cut off.

Against oppositions who defend deep he looks good but someone oughta tell Lucho Atlético is different than Las Palmas.

So not really Arda's fault Lucho can't make adjustements according to opposition beyond player A for player B.

Every time Arda plays crap it is always someone else's fault..

1. When he started for us - he looked poor. - Excuse - 'you would be too if you hadn't played in half a season.'
  2. He has had countless rubbish games in midfield. - Excuse - 'not his natural position - Lucho is a fool.'
  3. When he plays in natural position and has a crap game? - Excuse - 'The opposition was playing a high defensive line/midfield didn't pass to him.'
  4. When he doesn't give any effort during a game - Excuse - 'He wasn't the only bad player in that game - so single him out is evil bla bla bla..'

You know what there is no excuse for? Paying €34 million, plus €7 million in variables for a 29 year old player for 5 seasons who is not even consistent against 2nd division sides.

Home of Barca Fans