Arda Turan

JamDav1982

Arda could play left of midfield three just not in the same way Iniesta does he would need to be given more freedom to get forward.

A lot of Ardas good work in past few games has been central he has had quite a free role not strictly LW.

The biggest change has been his confidence more than position.

F

Flavia

Arda could play left of midfield three just not in the same way Iniesta does he would need to be given more freedom to get forward.

A lot of Ardas good work in past few games has been central he has had quite a free role not strictly LW.

Because he has the lcm covering him, and didn't need to bother doing too much defensive work. He can't play the way Rakitic does, and that's where Lucho had him playing last season.

Diogo28

I wasnt expecting this from Arda, but then again i would never see last season Bob incoming. Great work from Lucho believing in them and having results.

JamDav1982

Because he has the lcm covering him, and didn't need to bother doing too much defensive work. He can't play the way Rakitic does, and that's where Lucho had him playing last season.

Thats what I said.. he cant play the same LCM role as Raki on other side or Iniesta.

He has been working hard to get back anyway.

I dont agree that his confidence on the ball and happiness in the team is down to a defender behind him.

F

Flavia

Thats what I said.. he cant play the same LCM role as Raki on other side or Iniesta.

He has been working hard to get back anyway.

I dont agree that his confidence on the ball and happiness in the team is down to a defender behind him.

Not just that, but playing a position he's comfortable into obviously played a part. I doubt he'd be doing as good as he is, if he was still playing the rakitic role. I prefer he keeps being played as a forward. Not even lcm is a good option.

barcanuck

Turkan just solved our 4th forward dilemma on the left side. Problem is playing msn plus arda won't be as effective as when we had Pedro coming on with MSN. Arda I think and I hope I'm wrong is only really good on LW for us. If msn is on the field and Messi drops in mid I don't see arda being as effective on the RW. Hope I'm wrong but at least if Ney is out for whatever reason Turkan will be effective on LW.

JamDav1982

Not just that, but playing a position he's comfortable into obviously played a part. I doubt he'd be doing as good as he is, if he was still playing the rakitic role.

Yeah he cant play that role which is what I started out saying.

There is more to it than just his change of position which has been almost combination of LM and LW these past couple games.

serghei

There will be games or moments in a game against teams that will sit back and sacrifice almost all attacking play, basically defending for their life. Arda is very valuable in this scenario. You need to have players who provide options on the ball in the last 3rd or near the box or even in the box. The best AMs we have who can do that are Iniesta and Arda Turan.

Nice option to have when we need to force things and risk it all. If only we had an option like that against 10 men Inter or 10 men Chelsea at Camp Nou things could've been very different. I'd have taken off a CB and put in a player like Turan every time.

Yeah he cant play that role which is what I started out saying.

There is more to it than just his change of position which has been almost combination of LM and LW these past couple games.

I agree. He didn't play classic LW at all. He plays all around that left side. He was 2nd striker, winger, midfielder. He could play Iniesta's role in this form and with fintess and confidence level going high I think. Problem is we have 2 more players who can play there. We'll have trouble playing Iniesta, Arda, Gomes, Denis and Rakitic on only two spots.

Also, the problem seems to be that a lot of these players prefer left midfield side, rather than right midfield side.

Last edited:

God Serena

There will be games or moments in a game against teams that will sit back and sacrifice almost all attacking play, basically defending for their life. Arda is very valuable in this scenario. You need to have players who provide options on the ball in the last 3rd or near the box or even in the box. The best AMs we have who can do that are Iniesta and Arda Turan.

Nice option to have when we need to force things and risk it all. If only we had an option like that against 10 men Inter or 10 men Chelsea at Camp Nou things could've been very different. I'd have taken off a CB and put in a player like Turan every time.

I agree. He didn't play classic LW at all. He plays all around that left side. He was 2nd striker, winger, midfielder. He could play Iniesta's role in this form and with fintess and confidence level going high I think. Problem is we have 2 more players who can play there. We'll have trouble playing Iniesta, Arda, Gomes, Denis and Rakitic on only two spots.

Also, the problem seems to be that a lot of these players prefer left midfield side, rather than right midfield side.

Iniesta, Arda, and Denis are better on the left, and Rakitic, Gomes, and Rafinha (Yeah he still exists whether anyone likes to admit it or not) are either better for the right or will usually end up there (In the case of Rafa).

Observer

Banned
Just place him in a position he can do some proper damage. Everyone can acknowledge his quality but it was too obvious how comfortable he was in a much more attacking context.

LW seems quite suitable for him & that role in Barca implies he has to move throughout the line anyways so...why not

dakt

My nerves would have much better 2nd half if he was to score that sitter. Slow reaction, then kick with the left...

Home of Barca Fans