Apart from Barca, what other team would you love to see Messi play for?

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
There's no doubt in my mind Messi has the talent to play in any league/team in the world. He is such a fun player to watch, and being the dreamer that I am, I was wondering what it be like seeing him somewhere else. God forbid he leaves our beloved Barca, but leaving sentimantality outside, where would Messi be most fun to watch and what kind of effect would he have on the team. For example, imagine Messi were to join Napoli tomorrow. How strong of a contender would they be for the scudetto? Undisputed? Or if he were to play for Monaco? Imagine Messi feeding balls to Falcao. Or playing alongside Pirlo at Juve, or joining Bayern, how crazy good would they be? Or playing in the EPL, on a cold rainy night at stoke :lol:. So again, which team/set of players, or league would Messi be absolutely a joy to watch, and just how much effect would he have?

Just some examples. Its a question to have some fun with.

Last edited:

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
I 'm not sure how to make the poll options :/. I read the thread explaining it. In any event we could still discuss but it be nice to vote. Poop.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Even if I try, I can't imagine Messi playing for any other club but Barca. He just doesn't fit anywhere else. It all seems wrong.

There is one thing I'd be tempted to see though. Ronaldo once suggested Messi could join Real Madrid, so that they can play together. I don't want to see Messi at Real, ever, but the idea of Messi and Ronaldo playing in one team is tempting, even if only for the question how they would get along with each other off the pitch. Perhaps in a charity match, one day...

XaviMessiGirl

* Let me preface this by saying I don't actually want Messi to leave Barca, or play anywhere else except Barca (or Newell's at the end of his career like he has mentioned in the past).

But for the purposes of this discussion, I'll say Inter. I mean come on, there are loads of his countrymen there if nothing else :D

Inter have already begun to look promising under Mazzarri, even without a world class team. Add Messi & that's a real scudetto contender right there (assuming other things like he takes well to Mazza tactics, adapts to Serie A).

Besides, watching him potentially score hat tricks against Juve or Milan is too hard not to pass up. :wub:

not_1492_ARGENTINA_Batallade_Rosario1.jpg

"Come on Leo, it's your destiny..."

Ghost

Inter, if he HAS to leave to another (European) club.

Obviously that is not going to happen though. Thankfully. :wub:

sukhy

Man United in 2008 -
van Der Sar
Brown-Vidic-Ferdinand-Evra
Hargreaves-Scholes-Carrick
Rooney-Messi-Ronaldo

That would have been pretty much unbeatable.

Man United in 1993/94 -
Schmeichel
Parker-Bruce-Pallister-Irwin
Kanchelski-Ince-Keane-Giggs
Messi-Cantona

That is one solid looking team, would physically dominate anyone and that front four is amazing.

Arsenal 2003/04 -
Lehmann
Lauren-Campbell-Toure-Cole
Vieira-Gilberto Silva
Messi-Bergkamp-Pires
Henry

Milan 2005 -
Dida
Cafu-Stam-Nesta-Maldini
Gattuso-Pirlo-Seedorf
Messi-Kaka
Shevchenko

Probably the winner, no way would any team be able to contain that front 3, in their prime, even looking at the names together makes me horny.

Roma 2006 -
Doni
Panucci-Juan-Mexes-Chivu
Perrotta-De Rossi-Pizarro
Messi-Totti-Mancini

Not a particularly successful team, but they were great to watch! So much pace! 4-6-0 <3

Maria

Dortmund would be interesting to see him in.

This..I think he would do really well in Klopp's system and seeing the 2 of them together, next to Reus and Gundogan would be just :wub:. Though having Klopp or Gundogan at Barca one day would be even better.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
I wouldn't mind seeing him in the EPL. Just cus a lot of mouths would be shut. Or seeing him join some lower seria a club ala Maradona and making them awesome.

Amazing you can put Messi in any classic team and he makes them better. GOAT

Home of Barca Fans