Antoine Griezmann

Calidad

A good player, but was never a good fit for the club. To compound matters, he now plays without a great deal of confidence as well.

I don?t know what the solution is. He isn?t an AM. He isn?t a winger. He isn?t a CF. With Koeman?s seemingly preferred set up, I?d have him as back up to Messi in the CF position. Ideally, we?ll find some wealthy EPL club to take him off our hands, but isn?t looking very likely.

snowy

A good player, but was never a good fit for the club. To compound matters, he now plays without a great deal of confidence as well.

I don?t know what the solution is. He isn?t an AM. He isn?t a winger. He isn?t a CF. With Koeman?s seemingly preferred set up, I?d have him as back up to Messi in the CF position. Ideally, we?ll find some wealthy EPL club to take him off our hands, but isn?t looking very likely.

He's got a huge confidence problem. It's actually crazy how much so many players lose in terms of bravado once they join us.

He commented last year he doesn't have the confidence to go 1v1 but even beyond that, he lost a lot of his Atletico crew-cut Grizz aggression as well.

In this action at the 11th min vid mark, Messi goes into Left Wing hyper-drive and beats number 4 before he crosses. Now, a natural striker (Mbapp, CR, Haaland type) would instinctively know to time his run and sneak up in front of the CB who was occupying the most likely path to Leo's cross. From there, either he taps for a direct 30 degree goal or he one-taps to an unmarked Couti (who'd then have plenty of space to pick his spot).

Honestly, I'd only play him maybe as a sub in CM/AM at this point. Unless Koe can somehow find a way to get him out of that rut.

Birdy

Guys, he is not a CF. He will never play well there.

Koeman is trying to square the circle by trying to fit both Messi and Griezman in central position of a 4-2-3-1.
Either Griezman plays the central position of the '3' in the system (like he does for France) or he does not play at all.

Koeman has to come to terms with that. Pick the best of the two for each game assessing the conditions and needs. There is no middle grounds.
If he cannot (per board) or does not have the balls to bench Messi, then sell him (but that would be foolish, since Messi will only play until the summer and he is declining with every passing day)

SmilerBam

Koeman is trying to square the circle by trying to fit both Messi and Griezman in central position of a 4-2-3-1.
Either Griezman plays the central position of the '3' in the system (like he does for France) or he does not play at all.

Koeman has to come to terms with that. Pick the best of the two for each game assessing the conditions and needs. There is no middle grounds.
If he cannot (per board) or does not have the balls to bench Messi, then sell him (but that would be foolish, since Messi will only play until the summer and he is declining with every passing day)

You should give up.Football is not for you.

ItachiXXX

I don't know if this is serious 😂

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Reached a point where he offers as much as Firpo does , except that Barca bought this Firpo for 120M

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

Off all the current Bar?a attackers his skillset is probably the most limited.
Considering what he costs and his wages (2e after Messi) he really was a terrible signing.

Home of Barca Fans