Antoine Griezmann

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
After Mbappe joined PSG, there is no other alternative in the market. Need a versatile, goalscoring forward.

Nothanks

If Griezman's coming, and the money's there, why wait til summer? Just pay the clause if they want to play it. Okay so he can't play in CL, but he'd be big help in La Liga. Gives half a season to see who can and can't play together too.

I believe the release clause is currently at like 200m+
but in the summer it is lowered to 100m.

ASordidGod

I believe the release clause is currently at like 200m+
but in the summer it is lowered to 100m.

I did hear that, but I also heard it went back down as soon as last transfer window passed, so I'm not sure what to believe. As to the transfer, I'm still of the opinion it only makes sense if Suarez leaves. But maybe I'm wrong and somehow all four can be played together. One thing I do like about Griezman is he works hard to win the ball back. Hopefully he'll be willing to do Messi's running for him. :lol:

Catta

I can't believe that there are still people who think Griezmann is a choker. He carried both Atleti and France to finals, knocked out teams like Bayern, Barca and Germany with his goals, and yet there are still some who question him. What more do you want from him. Even Messi the best player in history could just drag Argentina to the final but not win it. No player can win it all by himself. If Griezmann had another quality forward that can finish with him like Lacazette or Costa instead of Giroud, Gignac or Torres in those finals he would have won both and probably the Ballon d'Or, just like if Messi had a fit Aguero instead of Higuain he would have a WC.

DonAK

I can't believe that there are still people who think Griezmann is a choker. He carried both Atleti and France to finals, knocked out teams like Bayern, Barca and Germany with his goals, and yet there are still some who question him. What more do you want from him. Even Messi the best player in history could just drag Argentina to the final but not win it. No player can win it all by himself. If Griezmann had another quality forward that can finish with him like Lacazette or Costa instead of Giroud, Gignac or Torres in those finals he would have won both and probably the Ballon d'Or, just like if Messi had a fit Aguero instead of Higuain he would have a WC.

This is true.

Had decisive goals against us and Bayern in the CL. Sure, he missed that penalty against Real Madrid, but he's not the first player to do that.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
____________ Suarez_____________
Griezmann ____Messi_______Dembele
______Coutinho___Busquets_______
Alba____Umtiti_____Pique____Semedo

too attacking?

DonAK

____________ Suarez_____________
Griezmann ____Messi_______Dembele
______Coutinho___Busquets_______
Alba____Umtiti_____Pique____Semedo

too attacking?

Yes, cannot have Coutinho in there. Got to be a defensive midfielder, a ball-winner most preferably.

xXKonan

If we get Griezmann there's a good chance this may be his last season as a starter.

If we go with a 4-3-3 it will probably be

Griez-Messi-Dembele and Coutinho in the middle.

Suarez is the odd man out.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
If we get Griezmann there's a good chance this may be his last season as a starter.

If we go with a 4-3-3 it will probably be

Griez-Messi-Dembele and Coutinho in the middle.

Suarez is the odd man out.

True, that is the most likely scenario. The question then becomes will both Suarez and the club be happy with that, him not being a starter, or will it be better for both to go their separate ways? If we return to our traditional 433 and Messi goes back to the false 9, we'll have to resume our hunt for that elusive "Plan B" striker. Suarez could offer that perhaps but Paco's recent improvements might also be another factor into this. Griezman's arrival might force us to choose between Paco and Suarez.

Home of Barca Fans