Antoine Griezmann

cro-man

I think that this is the best we can expect from this guy. He is just not gifted enough to make any difference. There is just no hope because there is zero potential to be better. Thats the difference between him and dembele. As shit as dembele is sometimes there is still hope duo his talent.

Catta

LOL france was by far the best team in 2018. He brought nothing, it was a team performance.

He was involved in every goal for France in the knockouts, either by scoring or assisting. People don't remember how great and decisive Griezmann was. He was their most important player, connecting midfield and attack.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He was involved in every goal for France in the knockouts, either by scoring or assisting. People don't remember how great and decisive Griezmann was. He was their most important player, connecting midfield and attack.

Argentinia- France: 1 penalty

Belgium - France: 1 corner kick assist

Uruguay - France: 1 very bad shot but GK turned to Karius and 1 free kick assist

Croatia - France: 1 free kick assist, 1 penalty

LOL even though this looks good on paper with 6 scorer points in 4 matches, the reality is different. No open play assists and only one open play goal (bad goalkeeping). But i have to give credit for his defense work in these matches, never stop running.

JamDav1982

World Cup Final alone on first three goals -

Won the FK. Took Good FK which resulted in OG.
Took the corner that resulted in penalty. Scored the penalty.
Took touch and layed ball back for Pogba to score on second attempt.

Trying to hard if try to make out everything has to be in open play. Set pieces FKs and Pens are huge in the biggest games if get chance to take advantage of them.

Even then he did contribute in open play as above.

If Messi had done exact same folk would be quoting the stats for years.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

World Cup Final alone on first three goals -

Won the FK. Took Good FK which resulted in OG.
Took the corner that resulted in penalty. Scored the penalty.
Took touch and layed ball back for Pogba to score on second attempt.

Trying to hard if try to make out everything has to be in open play. Set pieces FKs and Pens are huge in the biggest games if get chance to take advantage of them.

Even then he did contribute in open play as above.

If Messi had done exact same folk would be quoting the stats for years.

I never said that he was bad but people said he brought france the world cup which sounds like a one-man-show from him.

JamDav1982

I never said that he was bad but people said he brought france the world cup which sounds like a one-man-show from him.

He had a lot of influence in a team that won the WC. Saying he brought the WC back does mean he did it on own either.

No player ever won it as one man show. Even Maradona in his win was heavily reliant on team mates.

Nazario1985

He had a lot of influence in a team that won the WC. Saying he brought the WC back does mean he did it on own either.

No player ever won it as one man show. Even Maradona in his win was heavily reliant on team mates.

Griez was doing his job in a good way, didn't see anything amazing for you to bring Maradona ...etc

Some players completely transform when in the national team, Had benzema not fucked up with his shady business i think he would had the spot. ( i know most people here think Benz is garbage striker !! lol )

Zidan 2006 before the fuck up was and still for me the biggest influence a player had on a team in the WC.

JamDav1982

Griez was doing his job in a good way, didn't see anything amazing for you to bring Maradona ...etc

Some players completely transform when in the national team, Had benzema not fucked up with his shady business i think he would had the spot. ( i know most people here think Benz is garbage striker !! lol )

Zidan 2006 before the fuck up was and still for me the biggest influence a player had on a team in the WC.

You didnt understand why Maradona was mentioned clearly.

Zidane 2006 was not on level of Maradona or even close.

Nazario1985

You didnt understand why Maradona was mentioned clearly.

Zidane 2006 was not on level of Maradona or even close.

I did see why you mentioned him in a highly contrasted way ... and as i said we bring this type of convs when talking outstanding perfs not pushing the ball forward.

Zidane 2006 was 500 galaxies behind Maradona ... ok ok i see :D

Still not solving our issue, was Griez worth + letting go an aging Suarez ?

Don't we have any youngster to give a chance to apart from Ansu ?

but this is dead end discussion with his salary we are stuck with him to the end. nobody will even think about him unless some mid level PL or the French league.

malvolio

JamDav1982 trying to ressurect this penalty merchant who didn't do shit for most of his career.

Suddenly penaldos are a thing to brag about :lol:

freetocan

It does not matter what this guy did in the past for France or whoever. It does matter whT he is doing now for Barca. It is zero. Barca does NOT need this player. He does not bring any value to the team. We do not need a defender what he looks to be better up.
Hopefully a poor France Ligue 2 team will be looking for him.
I assure you that if this guy will be out of Barca, you will see a clear improvement from Barca as a team. I fully believe that there are not many players in the team who really likes him. Starting with Messi. So, ....

Home of Barca Fans