Antoine Griezmann

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Of course he could have. He would have lost possession 20 times before going off injured.

Either that or he changes the game completely like he did in the El Clasico last season. We desperately need some pace in our attack, and although I wish we had someone better and more consistent than Dembele to provide that, we don’t. MSG is a comically slow front three. Valverde being coach is reason enough we won’t win the CL, that attack pretty much guarantees we don’t win it.

Last edited:

krakdol

He's asked to play as a winger but he's not a winger at all. He's a lot better in a free role when he's allowed to roam more.

Givenchy

cant fault his effort or professionalism, he gives his all. really disgusting to see him taken off whilst Suarez gets the full 90 despite playing like utter shit

it wont happen under this fraud but Ansu-Messi-Griezmann is worth trying, not perfect ofcourse but its better than playing with 10men

Zica

He just doesn't suit this team. He kinda looks clueless on the ball in tight areas. He got more space at Atletico because they were more of a counter-attacking team.

He's obviously a good player, but I doubt he's going to put in consistently good performances here.

The formation is stupid and probably no player suits that position. We expect that player to play almost as a striker and then come back to defend deep to form a 4-4-2 so Messi doesn't have to defend. It's not gonna work.

krakdol

He gets his ass stucked and isolated to the wing, and he is not a winger. What is he supposed to do?

For what it's worth, we had the same positioning problem with him in France National Team. Deschamps tried it multiple times on the right wing, but it never really worked unless you let him roam to the center and play in short passes with other attacking players.

He's great when left free as a second striker around another guy, that's the best way to use him. Unfortunately I don't see him play like that here until Messi is gone.

Or you put Messi just behind Suarez and Griezmann in a 4-3-1-2. That would probably work better than trying to turn Griezmann into a winger. You're certainly losing a bit of width though.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, we had the same positioning problem with him in France National Team. Deschamps tried it multiple times on the right wing, but it never really worked unless you let him roam to the center and play in short passes with other attacking players.

He's great when left free as a second striker around another guy, that's the best way to use him. Unfortunately I don't see him play like that here until Messi is gone.

Or you put Messi just behind Suarez and Griezmann in a 4-3-1-2. That would probably work better than trying to turn Griezmann into a winger. You're certainly losing a bit of width though.

He went 8 games in a row without scoring in Euro qualifying. For arguably the strongest international team in the world. And every man and his grandma scores in pub Euro qualifying where a new country is discovered as often as Cristopher Colombus.

If someone offered 80-90m for him I would snap their hand off

In fact Id sell Cou Dembele and AG tomorrow if we could recoup circa 250m for them.

Espacio

If he play in this team he can play in Forward or like 10 number
but before he came here i said that we haven't need him we need really LW

El Guaje

Then imo its more on the coach, and in this case the guys at tje club that decided going for him aswell as the coach. Everyone knows he is not a winger + we have Messi playing in the same area so why even buy him in the 1st place? He tries his best and works his ass off. You cant expect him to be an amazing 120m quality winger when he is not a winger in the 1st place. Same goes for Coutinho who got his ass stuck on the wings, ffs if you need a winger go and buy a winger instead of splashing 250m+ on 2 players that dont even fit where you want to play them.

With the money they spent they couldve easily gotten Son or another top actual winger.

khaled_a_d

Am I the only one getting annoyed at the 'he works so hard' praise game after game. We spent 120m on this guy. We should expect more.

He plays in same position as Messi and we still bought him, not his fault we are clueless team. He is stuck here where he doesn't fit.
But at least he gave it his all unlike many players before him, like Ibra/Dembele/Coutinho.

Home of Barca Fans