Antoine Griezmann

Messigician

I don't want to say I told you so but I told you so...doesn't fit the team. I do not know why we weren't going all over the place searching for wingers when our tactics desperately need them...

Are u okay lol

We tried everything possible to bring Neymar back.

BBZ8800

Playing him wide when Suarez is out is borderline retarded.

Playing him wide is retarded.
But playing him in the middle is only 1% better than playing him wide.

If you play him as a 9:
1. he will drop deep to defend into our box and the most often won't be in the opponent's half
2. when he is in the opponent's half, he again likes to drop deep to some sort of a CAM position to create and pass the ball to "someone else" who is actually a NO9, like Giroud, Costa and similar
3. if he will somehow end around the box, if you give him the ball:
1) he will be tackled since he is insanely slow
2) he can't dribble because he is slow and can't dribble
3) plus, his finishing in the last year and a half is horribly inaccurate

Basically, the only use of him as a no9 are some simple tap ins, some loose balls into the box falling to his feet, some rare headers and actions when he has 20 meters advantage over defenders, so he will have time to run and actually try a shot without players tackling him.

In this moment, I would rather have Coutinho than him.
Coutinho at least could have dribbled and can shoot from 20 meters.
Griezmann can't do even that.

mc_lovin

His skillset is that of a 2nd striker, not false 9, not 9, not winger. Embarassing transfer policy. If we had prime Messi we could at least try him as an inverted winger, but even then the likes of Pedro, Villa etc would have been a much better fit.

JohnN

It's kind of amazing he hasn't been tested as a striker, or as a false nine, but Vidal of all people got that role. To be brutally honest I am not sure about his level anymore. But this happens with every single player we buy under EV.

Messigician

A question for guys who watched him more often at Atletico:
Was he always THIS slow?
I think that he was never a speedy guy, but was decent.
But he has already lost a lot of pace.
Maybe he is one of those players who are hit with a physical decline at the age of 28.

Science also says that an absolute peak of pacey wingers is up to the age of 27.
Also, there was an article which I posted a few weeks ago which said that Griezz's numbers have declined a lot in his last Atletico year.

Now, my theory is, what if:
1. He is already physically declining since he will be 29 in March?
2. And since he played for 5 years under Simeone at Atletico, who is a very physically demanding coach... and since he played 50+ matches for Atletico in 5 years (257 in total) plus 74 matches for France in that time.
That means that he played around 66 full matches for 5 seasons in a row.
Imo, there is a high possibility that his body is severly drained after this and that it could have speeded up his physical decline.
(Look at Rakitic after being overplayed for 5 years in a row. He can barely run and move today, as if he is 45.)

Remember that Arda was also only 28 when he came from Atletico and he was more or less finished in that age.

So, a question is: what if we have paid 120m for a guy who is more or less done and on a fast physical decline?

** There was one counter on the left yesterday, he recived a through ball.
He had 2-3 meters of advantage infront of defenders, but he was caught after 10 meters.
And passed to Dembele.
Commentators said: he didn't even try to run into the box, as if he knew that we will get caught. Lol.

We bought another turtle slow attacker.
This one can't even dribble.
Plus his finishing is declining for 2 years, according to stats.

Yeah buying from Atletixo is like buying a car with 300km mileage it can be a nice car but you will know no too much tome left in the tank before it breaks down once and for all

BBZ8800

It's kind of amazing he hasn't been tested as a striker, or as a false nine, but Vidal of all people got that role. To be brutally honest I am not sure about his level anymore. But this happens with every single player we buy under EV.

He is slow, can't dribble, drops back to CAM, isn't exactly a physical presence in the box or an aerial threat.

His finishing percentage in his last season at Atletico was his worst ever.
And his finishing is declining even more at Barca.

Griezmann 25 shots this season, 3 goals.
Suarez 36 shots, 8 goals.
Messi 41 shots, 6 goals.

Suarez needs 4.50 shots for 1 goal.
Messi needs 6.83 shots.
Griezmann needs 8.33 shots.
And we all laughed at Suarez...

Even kid Fati has better finishing currently with 7.00 shots needed for 1 goal.

As Messigician said, we bought an old car who looks shiny on pics, but who is on a verge to fall apart on your first drive outside of a town.

Neeraj

He's a class player. Can't believe you guys are slating him based on Ernieball. Why can't you see that EVERY player bar Messi looks crap under Valverde? I'm sure people will be shitting on FDJ soon too. Seriously guys, EV makes every player seem like garbage. We've seen it with Coutinho too now, as proof.

Valverde is the biggest cancer to hit FCB in a very, very long time. It's just real unfortunate that I've been living in Barcelona exclusively for EV time and will probably be out of the city by the time the new board comes in. Speaking of - the atmosphere, the game, everything at the Camp Nou last night was such shit.

Messigician

This reminds me of " Spartan warrior Arda Turan"

Looked decent for the first few months here and had high workate and declined incredibly fast.

I wonder how long Griezmann has left in the tank.

This has been an awful transfer and waste of money.

George_Costanza

Playing him wide is retarded.
But playing him in the middle is only 1% better than playing him wide.

If you play him as a 9:
1. he will drop deep to defend into our box and the most often won't be in the opponent's half
2. when he is in the opponent's half, he again likes to drop deep to some sort of a CAM position to create and pass the ball to "someone else" who is actually a NO9, like Giroud, Costa and similar
3. if he will somehow end around the box, if you give him the ball:
1) he will be tackled since he is insanely slow
2) he can't dribble because he is slow and can't dribble
3) plus, his finishing in the last year and a half is horribly inaccurate

Basically, the only use of him as a no9 are some simple tap ins, some loose balls into the box falling to his feet, some rare headers and actions when he has 20 meters advantage over defenders, so he will have time to run and actually try a shot without players tackling him.

What are you saying is the players play random football, and not instructed to occupy common pitch areas for their respective positions. Players should have learned (from training sessions) a constructed play, it is premeditated, thought about, studied and worked out in detail during the training.

And who you should blame for this? The players? Then you really don't undestand basic football.

Valverde ruined many players because he doesn't understand this simple positional footballing concept. Dembele (125m), Coutinho (150m) and he will ruin Griezmann too (120m) totaling 400m.

Messigician

I hope not lol, I'd rather we go for other players. 250m or so for a 28 year old winger? That's just atrocious business.

We will go for Neymar again that's a certainty. The only issue is Barto is legitimately cucked by Nasser. So there's no gurantee we can sign Neymar as Nasser can just pretend to want to sell him while wasting our time.

Home of Barca Fans