Antoine Griezmann

Potroh

Part of the reason why there's so little choices on the market because the club is not attracting young talents esp with Valverde at the helm. On the contrary, Griezmann doesnt work best in a possession based team and stripping the main man role from him restricts him even more.

Absolutely wise sentences...

Latschenkiefer

Indeed. But can you imagine EV playing with four strikers???

Because EV would never play with mere two "real" midfielders.
He is a "safety coach", so any combination would be a quite feasible experiment with four actual attackers, but you definitely need another coach for that.

He already did that but very rare and never as a starting eleven. We always played pretty well.

Attachments

• 1 (2).jpg
    1 (2).jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 2

Acnologia

How does anyone not see through this myopic signing is beyond me. This is another one of those "established big name signing" by Barto to appease the fans, it's almost like how Coutinho was signed to replace Iniesta. If you look at Griezmann individually, yes it certainly looks flashy and great. But all these ostentatious signings rarely gets them anywhere.

For one, Griezmann flourishes under the role of a free-roaming main man, from free kicks to penalties (which is a majority of his goals), which obviously wouldn't work here with Messi. He doesnt hold up play, neither does he provide width. Him being left footed accentuates the issue, because we already have one who's scoring loads of goals, we need more who can cut in and shoot with the right.

It's clear we need Dembele on the right wing with the lack of width on the right, which means he is stuck with the left forward role.

All in all, he lacks the sheer shooting technique and power as a number 9, his goals are more his ability to roam alot, him in Barca he will be more limited, which begs the question: why sacrifice your best ability as a main man for a club who doesnt even need such a player. If versatility and mobility is all you need to be convinced, then I'm pretty sure there are plenty others who offers that.

La Liga isn't the issue here especially when we have Messi, we need to build a proper team and strong and distinct roles for the CL, not weak hybrids with lopsided team balance. I would rather get a backup for Suarez for the time being and focus on selling Coutinho if he doesnt work out, strengthen our midfield with Busi and Rakitic phased out. And Pique as well. Forget about constantly worrying about trophies, get the team rebuilt and boot the manager, rather than turning our team into a galaticos retirement home who all will be difficult to sell and recoup in the future. I can already see this team going south.

Idiotic signing imo.

That's way its makes so much sense for them to sell dembele and coutinho

mc_lovin

Part of the reason why there's so little choices on the market because the club is not attracting young talents esp with Valverde at the helm. On the contrary, Griezmann doesnt work best in a possession based team and stripping the main man role from him restricts him even more.

Thats just wishful thinking. There wont just magically appear worldclass young talent with or without Valverde. Makes no sense at all. To Griezmann in a possession based team: you dont know that. Hes a lot like Villa - mobile and technically good. We will see.

Barcilliant

It doesn't matter who comes here or what formation we play. With Shitverde we are guaranteed another ass whipping in cl.

Fucking Origi and Wijnaldim will probably dump us out of CL again 😂

EdmondDantes

I just saw a pundit saying that not a single player in our squad congratulated Griezmann signing for us on social media, is that true?

He mentioned Marc posting a vaguely related photo that he promptly took down, but that's it.

-

I don't follow this social media stuff at all, so I don't know whether that's true or not.

hulinat

I just saw a pundit saying that not a single player in our squad congratulated Griezmann signing for us on social media, is that true?

He mentioned Marc posting a vaguely related photo that he promptly took down, but that's it.

-

I don't follow this social media stuff at all, so I don't know whether that's true or not.

Most of them are on vacation and couldnt give a shit

FinBarcelonafan

-

That means it's a good signing. We need to get rid of this "elderly" house attitude. Any player who comes in and shakes the poor team spirit is good for us. What I mean by "poor team spirit", they are all too comfortable and like to keep their spot. Griezzman will take someone's spot, so they are not happy. Same with DeJong. Look at delusion of Raki, he doesn't believe DeJong would play instead of him, I'm sure Busquests thinks the same.. A lot of delusion in our team. They need to start fighting for playing time, no more guaranteed minutes no matter how you play.

EdmondDantes

That means it's a good signing. We need to get rid of this "elderly" house attitude. Any player who comes in and shakes the poor team spirit is good for us. What I mean by "poor team spirit", they are all too comfortable and like to keep their spot. Griezzman will take someone's spot, so they are not happy. Same with DeJong. Look at delusion of Raki, he doesn't believe DeJong would play instead of him, I'm sure Busquests thinks the same.. A lot of delusion in our team. They need to start fighting for playing time, no more guaranteed minutes no matter how you play.

Solid point.

Delusion and egocentric arrogance as well.

This club de amigos / sacred cows - who are all over 30 - need to be reintroduced to the concept of competing for their minutes again. With Valverde though, I doubt it. He's basically their lackey.

FinBarcelonafan

Solid point.

Delusion and egocentric arrogance as well.

This club de amigos / sacred cows - who are all over 30 - need to be reintroduced to the concept of competing for their minutes again. With Valverde though, I doubt it. He's basically their lackey.

Haha sacred cows, but it's the true. We need to start fresh and build up the team again, we can't keep these same players forever, even If they like getting paid a lot and play for Barca.

Barcilliant

Haha sacred cows, but it's the true. We need to start fresh and build up the team again, we can't keep these same players forever, even If they like getting paid a lot and play for Barca.

Valverde is a pussy. He will probably bench the two marquee signings and say they need time "to adapt" 🙄

serghei

How does anyone not see through this myopic signing is beyond me. This is another one of those "established big name signing" by Barto to appease the fans, it's almost like how Coutinho was signed to replace Iniesta. If you look at Griezmann individually, yes it certainly looks flashy and great. But all these ostentatious signings rarely gets them anywhere.

For one, Griezmann flourishes under the role of a free-roaming main man, from free kicks to penalties (which is a majority of his goals), which obviously wouldn't work here with Messi. He doesnt hold up play, neither does he provide width. Him being left footed accentuates the issue, because we already have one who's scoring loads of goals, we need more who can cut in and shoot with the right.

It's clear we need Dembele on the right wing with the lack of width on the right, which means he is stuck with the left forward role.

All in all, he lacks the sheer shooting technique and power as a number 9, his goals are more his ability to roam alot, him in Barca he will be more limited, which begs the question: why sacrifice your best ability as a main man for a club who doesnt even need such a player. If versatility and mobility is all you need to be convinced, then I'm pretty sure there are plenty others who offers that.

La Liga isn't the issue here especially when we have Messi, we need to build a proper team and strong and distinct roles for the CL, not weak hybrids with lopsided team balance. I would rather get a backup for Suarez for the time being and focus on selling Coutinho if he doesnt work out, strengthen our midfield with Busi and Rakitic phased out. And Pique as well. Forget about constantly worrying about trophies, get the team rebuilt and boot the manager, rather than turning our team into a galaticos retirement home who all will be difficult to sell and recoup in the future. I can already see this team going south.

Idiotic signing imo.

It is not the player that could turn this into a bad transfer. It's the clown that is managing us. Griezmann would improve any team, and the great managers always find ways to integrate dynamic, technical, and hard working players like Griezmann.

Griezmann is very versatile. The problem is that Valverde's creativity is almost non existent. He is bound to use him improperly.

Imo, this is a very good transfer. Hard working attacking player with great numbers, just the right age for immediate impact. Unlike Messi and Suarez who are lazy old dudes who can't be arsed to run and defend, Griezmann works his but off on the field. A breath of fresh air.

Griezmann is like Pedro in terms of effort and discipline on the field, but has the game-winning qualities of a superstar on top of that. He offered those qualities at every team he played, be it Sociedad, Atletico or France NT. If he doesn't at Barcelona you know it's the rotten management at fault.

Last edited:
Fortnite is the BEST player bought this transfer window, a degree better than Hazard. Went stale at Atletico, needed a fresh challenge to give him the impetus to get back to his best. At his best has an incredibly high chance conversion rate, way higher than Penny Penaldo and similar to Leo.

Will score between 10-20 more goals than Suarez did last season, with Leo setting him up the sky is the limit. If he is played out of position LW or AM, that's on Valverde, not him.

He has sacrificed to be here and for that he deserves the support of the fans. 'The decision' will be forgotten when he starts banging them golazos in.

serghei

On the other hand, Valverde doesn't have the balls to bench Messi's pal Suarez. So expect some issues with formations next season, which is typical Valverde shenanigans.

We're getting a lot of super talented players for a manager who publicly said he likes small squads, meaning he doesn't like rotations. :lol:

We're gonna have 300m. worth of attacking subs next season :lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans