Antoine Griezmann

clemente

There is a reason everyone here turns into obese walkers, Griezzman won't give a fuck to be a hardworker like under Simeone

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I don't like the persona but he's long been a brilliant talent, I have appreciated what he can bring to a team since his early days at La Real. The issue, again a reflection of the nonexistent sporting direction, is that he is no longer a winger (Apparently doesn't want to play there either) and mostly occupies the same space as a certain Lionel Messi - so how will it be employed (Setting aside any talk of Neymar)? I think, he has no choice but to play on that left that presumably/hopefully will be vacated by Coutinho since the attacking front of Barcelona never are fixed to one position, they all inter change throughout a match even back to the days of MSN.

So I would expect something like this (I swapped De Jong to the right to be closer to Messi and give probably better protection to the gaps he will leave):

Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 11.02.48.jpg

With the possibility of Neymar, that becomes more complicated of course with many options:

Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 11.11.26.jpg Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 11.13.15.jpgScreen Shot 2019-07-12 at 11.14.47.jpg

Last edited:

snowy

I think not playing for 6 months was also a big reason for what happened with him.

ah the mighty and fallen King Ardas... Alas his faith had been sealed in the annals of time immemorial and revealed by the dance of the erect-nippled Oracle. Heroic stand he and his 300 valiantly held

y5dxctka
but got outflanked by Xerxes and his army of immortals

hey maybe Barto should honor the Carnae before his next signings :thinking:

Judoman

Smells a bit like Ronaldo-Benzema-Bale-James, which, as we know, was a disaster. I think we need a threeman midfield for balance. I hope Suarez will be benched for a 3-man attack.

Different players, different team....Messi/Suarez >>James/Benzema

I would prefer to have Suarez/Messi duo in the middle, assuming Suarez will be a starter. Those 2 together on the same area are capable of defensive output of 1 regular hard working player.
If there has to be a defensive "hole" let it be on the most remote part of the pitch. Easier to cover, than 2 holes leaking all over the place.

Griezmann/Dembele have speed, technique and they should be working in defense + Dembele plays better on the right side. Also, Valverde likes 4-4-2.

Arthur/De jong are faster than Busi/Rakitic, they can control and create and with Messi positioned in the middle he doesn t leave right side empty.

Bulgroz

I would be very surprised to see Griezmann playing as a winger. I know Valverde sucks, but I don't see the club buying one of the 2 or 3 best CF in the world to play him on the wing. Especially for that price, and especially when paying his clause has been such a drama. People might argue that something similar happened for Coutinho, but Coutinho was nowhere near AG when he was bought honestly. He never was a serious contender for BO for example, while Griezmann was top 5 twice in the past 3 years. They're simply not on the same level.

Anyway, Griezmann works best when he's right behind another striker, so I'd say we might see a 4-2-3-1 with a front three Dembele-Griezmann-Messi behind Suarez. Who would be the 2 midfielders, among FDJ, Busi, Arthur, Raki, Vidal and the rest is a bit of a mystery to me and the answer will probably depend on the opponent.

Others options include benching Suarez, or a 4-3-1-2 with Messi behind Suarez and Griezmann (which means Dembouz on the bench though).

Honestly, there are quite a few interesting possibilities, and the team could be very versatile. The problem is that the choice between those possibilities will be in the hand of a rather bad coach.

snowy

[/FONT][/COLOR] With the possibility of Neymar, that becomes more complicated of course with many options:

View attachment 8480

That's 1 intimidating line-up! You could alternate Busi with Arthur and play Arthur on the right and de Jong on the left

Griezzi and Leo could inter-switch at will and Ney Demb could easily beat any off-side trap and teleport in front of goal as alternate CFs. Striking!

Mitchell1978

I would be very surprised to see Griezmann playing as a winger. I know Valverde sucks, but I don't see the club buying one of the 2 or 3 best CF in the world to play him on the wing. Especially for that price, and especially when paying his clause has been such a drama. People might argue that something similar happened for Coutinho, but Coutinho was nowhere near AG when he was bought honestly. He never was a serious contender for BO for example, while Griezmann was top 5 twice in the past 3 years. They're simply not on the same level.

Anyway, Griezmann works best when he's right behind another striker, so I'd say we might see a 4-2-3-1 with a front three Dembele-Griezmann-Messi behind Suarez. Who would be the 2 midfielders, among FDJ, Busi, Arthur, Raki, Vidal and the rest is a bit of a mystery to me and the answer will probably depend on the opponent.

Others options include benching Suarez, or a 4-3-1-2 with Messi behind Suarez and Griezmann (which means Dembouz on the bench though).

Honestly, there are quite a few interesting possibilities, and the team could be very versatile. The problem is that the choice between those possibilities will be in the hand of a rather bad coach.

Griezmann is not a CF, he's a second forward sometimes an AM or a 10 like Leo, played as a winger previously but never as a real CF.

Unless Griezmann agress to play mostly on the wing this will be a bad fit.

Bulgroz

Griezmann is not a CF, he's a second forward sometimes an AM or a 10 like Leo, played as a winger previously but never as a real CF.

Unless Griezmann agress to play mostly on the wing this will be a bad fit.

I've said explicitely that his best position is "behind another striker". He's still a CF to me, because he's a center forward, behind another center forward, but anyway that's just semantics. The most important thing is that I'm pretty sure that's where he'll play, and I don't really get how it would be a bad fit.

Home of Barca Fans