Antoine Griezmann

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
God, it hurts seeing this man celebrate like that. Playing for Atletico. :facepalm:

This is Atletico:
1515245918_049856_1515245977_noticia_normal.jpg

and this:
cropped_REU_517979.jpg

That is clownery.

The people trying to injure others on the field?

Nothanks

not really all that impressed with his goal, more of a huge screw up in arsenals part but still i guess like ronaldo, he deserves credit for pure luck

Joan

The people trying to injure others on the field?

Put it that way if you wish... but that celebration is not in harmony with their identity. Like Barca parking the bus... it just pokes me in the eye.

1884_4494_5557ec9aaf4be4a71c29cbc_312_154.gif

God forbid...

khaled_a_d

Not a huge fan of Griezmann... what are people who follow and like him seeing he will add? Do the pros outweigh the cons to you all to go all in? Genuinely interested.

For me he is a top 5 players of the past 4 years to say at least. You get a superb attacker for sure.
There is a question about his fit in the team tbh

Devils

Brilliant goal.

As usual, Griezmann delivering for his teams. Could use someone these days to deliver for Barca in European competition because no one is our squad is up to the task in the CL.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Not a huge fan of Griezmann... what are people who follow and like him seeing he will add? Do the pros outweigh the cons to you all to go all in? Genuinely interested.

I really don't see what the cons are. The choking thing is overblown as hell. Finals are single games and he's played in only 2 and "choked".

Watching every single attempt from Messi to play 1-2's with Suarez or play him through on goal have been frustrating as hell for the past 2 years. His fleeting and momentary spells of good form are not worth it, and he's been abysmal in the CL for a long time now.

Griezmann will be a better off-ball partner for Messi than Suarez has been since early 15/16. He's great at combining with players, great off ball movement, and can operate in a lot of different zones. He's defensively intense and a good passer/creator as well for a striker. This is especially important for how we play and a key to making our offense more fluid. He's really everything you could want in a Barca striker and IMO he'll be more prolific for Barca than he could've been for Atleti where he barely averages over 2 shots per game as the primary scorer (!!!).

Valverde also changed the system to a 4-4-2 to accommodate Suarez since he couldn't play wide, and since Messi is now consistently central. If Griez benches him, however, hopefully Valverde gravitates back to the 4-3-3 as it is the best system for us BY FAR. Messi as a false 9 behind Griezmann is a lot like the Villa days except Griez is faster and taller (thus more fitted for the current team).

George_Costanza

I really don't see what the cons are. The choking thing is overblown as hell. Finals are single games and he's played in only 2 and "choked".

Watching every single attempt from Messi to play 1-2's with Suarez or play him through on goal have been frustrating as hell for the past 2 years. His fleeting and momentary spells of good form are not worth it, and he's been abysmal in the CL for a long time now.

Griezmann will be a better off-ball partner for Messi than Suarez has been since early 15/16. He's great at combining with players, great off ball movement, and can operate in a lot of different zones. He's defensively intense and a good passer/creator as well for a striker. This is especially important for how we play and a key to making our offense more fluid. He's really everything you could want in a Barca striker and IMO he'll be more prolific for Barca than he could've been for Atleti where he barely averages over 2 shots per game as the primary scorer (!!!).

Valverde also changed the system to a 4-4-2 to accommodate Suarez since he couldn't play wide, and since Messi is now consistently central. If Griez benches him, however, hopefully Valverde gravitates back to the 4-3-3 as it is the best system for us BY FAR. Messi as a false 9 behind Griezmann is a lot like the Villa days except Griez is faster and taller (thus more fitted for the current team).

Say what now? Messi behind Griezmann? Villa played out of his position to the left when he joined Barcelona, that's why it didn't work well. Griezmann is not #9 to be in front of Messi. and in 4-3-3 he has only one position (out of position actually) left side since Dembele will occupy the right side.

I have no idea why are we stoking up front when the issue has always been the midfield.

Sorin

The goal while being down 1 guy was nice and all but the defensive shift he put in was superb. Mostly doing it from the left side as well. There's no doubt in my mind that he can work in a front 3 attack on the left. Griezmann-Messi-Dembele with Suarez as a sub. Fat chance Suarez will be a sub but if we want to maximize Messi's last years and balance the team, he should only play centrally helped by 2 mobile and speedy wingers/forwards.

Raketa10

The amount of work he does in every game is tremendous. I have no doubt that he is a superb player who can improve us a lot. Of course we need to sort out our midfield but buying Griezmann has nothing to do with that. He is a guy who provides a lot in attack but also works for a team (something our attackers don't do at all) not to mention that his passing is also superb.

vlad

Arda was also beast at atletico, and his defending was great, they he furfilled his dream and came to barca :D

Im not saying that griezmann will turn to lazy player, but simeone is strong character while valverde is not, so i dont expect from griezmann to have same defensive performances at barca, which could be problem knowing messi does not defend and dembele like he is not there

Raketa10

Arda was also beast at atletico, and his defending was great, they he furfilled his dream and came to barca :D

Im not saying that griezmann will turn to lazy player, but simeone is strong character while valverde is not, so i dont expect from griezmann to have same defensive performances at barca, which could be problem knowing messi does not defend and dembele like he is not there

He won't go to "Arda mode" for sure. There is 101 reason why Arda is not comparable to Griezmann. I agree that Valverde is not Simeone but Barca is also not ATM so his intensity of defending doesn't need to be on that level. Even if his defending remains on 50% from his current level that will be 100000% more than Suarez is doing right now.

Last edited:

vlad

He won't go to "Arda mode" for sure.

Im also sure of that, he is younger and better player, no comparation, but, we are praising his defensive performances at atletico, do you really expect from him to do the same at barca? Im not, its due to simeone and his tactics, he would probably get benched if he doesnt defend, at barca that is not the case sadly

Raketa10

Im also sure of that, he is younger and better player, no comparation, but, we are praising his defensive performances at atletico, do you really expect from him to do the same at barca? Im not, its due to simeone and his tactics, he would probably get benched if he doesnt defend, at barca that is not the case sadly

No, in some regular games I don't but as I said we are not ATM so his defending doesn't need to be on that level because we'll for sure have bigger possession than ATM. But in some bigger games in CL I don't see why not. He can clearly do it, he is a player who has lungs for over 12 km per game. None of our current attackers can do that.

TitoTata

Banned
No, in some regular games I don't but as I said we are not ATM so his defending doesn't need to be on that level because we'll for sure have bigger possession than ATM. But in some bigger games in CL I don't see why not. He can clearly do it, he is a player who has lungs for over 12 km per game. None of our current attackers can do that.

How are we gonna fit him into our starting eleven?
Valverde can't even bring himself to play Coutinho and Dembele ?!

Home of Barca Fans