Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

Alik

His work rate is 'meh', yet he works hard in both ways and even makes deciding interceptions/tackles in the defensive side. Sure he could play as a striker too but hes best suited as a winger since he can challenge opposite defenders, has great game reading abilities, is comparable to Dembele/Neymar in terms of pace and has great finishing product as we've seen.
To me he reminds somewhat of Ronaldinho, plays with joy and doesn't care what happens around him (in terms of audience and pressure). Not to mention, he's still 17-18 years old and as long as he gets support from his team mates and a manager who takes him under his wing, he's going to be world class and make a big name for himself.

Not at all.

bismp

With Suarez almost gone and with the lack of funds we are facing,Fati could probably play big minutes next year.Let’s hope that he can make another big step forward and avoid becoming the next Bojan.

kilian

I'll get harsh replies, but Spain is a king of NT qualifiers for the last 15 years.
They are winning majority of their matches at ease.
The same as with Barca/Pep, Spanish style is perfectly suited in a league tournament and against inferior teams.

So, to some extent, whoever plays in qualifiers for Spain, he'll score, Spain will play nice and they'll win.

He played well yesterday and better than the last season, but come on, people are seriously comparing him with Neymar and Henry after a match against Ukraine.

Someone will reply: he played well against Germany too.

Well, you always have this phenomenon with young players: when they get their first chance, they play at 200%.
Because they are young, motivated, fresh, because they were never given similar chances.

Older players already had lots of similar matches and they surely won't play at 200% at home vs Mickey Mouse Ukraine (look at Thiago for example).
So, kids will often look better, more mobile, more motivated and more energetic than regular players.
But even Arthur was flying for 2 Months in October-November 2019 when he played at 120% motivation.
When he returned to a normal level of motivation, he was a different, way worse player.
And on top of that, you have fans who are desperate for new young gems and every move, pass or shot is at least 20, 30 or 50% overrated.

Remember first matches from Wague, Todibo, Araujo, Puig or even Alena.
Nobody looked like shit, isn't it?
Because they were all running like crazy and giving 200%.
Also, there is a factor that the opponents don't respect them yet so they are not marking those kids too heavily and then kids have more space in those early matches.

He played well yesterday, but seriously, you guys need to calm down a little bit.
And add other factors into maths.

I`m sorry but this is total crap.
Ansu literally broke every goalscoring record for the youngest scorer. He is a natural goalscoring machine with finishing and positioning that is already almost world class. When you see how he creates space for himself, how he shoots from congested spaces, you can instantly see that he is the real deal.
Now, no one can predict what will his top level be, but as he is still 17 years old, I believe that he will be world class by the time he is 20 years old.
Atributing his explosion to running like crazy and players not marking him is a sign of really questionable football knowledge.
I mean what the hell man, do you really believe that top level football is played like on a schoolground, older guys not taking seriously small kids, letting them score and shit?

Last edited:

Havesaks

I agree, he is a natural goal scorer. And in Messi he has a great master to improve his skill.

Silky touch, understanding, maturity, shooting and run with ball are all at excellent level. He can without doubt improve his dribbling skills, speed and physique in general. If he can take that to another level (which he is about to do, glass clear progress since his debut here) he will be a big star. David Villa at least, Henry possible and Neymar-level if everything goes perfect for him.

What I find most reassuring is his maturity, and I think he gets the right support from his home. I have an impression that he comes from a healthy, humble and happy home. There aren't distractions, so he can focus about football and living a simple life.

George_Costanza

Barcelona want to tie down Ansu Fati ASAP. The club want to announce that Fati is now officially a first team player, meaning his release clause will automatically increase to 400 million euros. However, his agent Jorge Mendes, tries to get an improvement in salary. [md]

He is still too young, so I hope this idiot board won't inflate his salary at the age of 17!

khaled_a_d

Fati or Depay: the big decision. There's an internal debate at the club on whether to sign a forward like Depay or to give Fati chances as a starter. There's almost no money available and Fati has proven he can play as a '9'. [md]

Fati could save the club from themselves at the age of 17, even Messi could not do this :worthy:

FinBarcelonafan

Fati or Depay: the big decision. There's an internal debate at the club on whether to sign a forward like Depay or to give Fati chances as a starter. There's almost no money available and Fati has proven he can play as a '9'. [md]

Fati could save the club from themselves at the age of 17, even Messi could not do this :worthy:

Depay is not #9 is he? Bad idea anyway..

jairzinho

If those are the options for 9 and Suarez stays he will end up being the regular starter at some point.

:pep:

Porque

When did Fati prove he can play as a 9? The 20 minutes for Spain the other night?

MD is so shit.

mc_lovin

I wouldnt mind something like Fati-Messi-Griezmann for the season. Looks all pretty bleak anyway. Plus I dont want to see a 4-2-3-1 with Griezmann in the center.

Home of Barca Fans