Angel Di Maria

impeh

Hi, its me..
Ángel di María has claimed his former club Real Madrid put pressure on Argentina not to play him in the World Cup final in another bitter chapter in his departure from the Spanish giants.

Di María joined Manchester United from Real last month for a British record fee of £59.7m with the Spanish club’s president, Florentino Pérez, saying the winger’s demands for a new contract were too steep.

“There was a letter from Madrid that arrived at 11 in the morning of the match day, we were due to play at 4 in the afternoon … was putting ice on my leg to be in the final,” Di María told Argentine radio station America on Friday, suggesting the club did not want him to aggravate a leg injury.

“I tore up the letter as soon as it was given to me and didn’t take any notice of it, I didn’t care what might happen, but it was [the coach] Alejandro’s [Sabella] decision,” he said. “I didn’t want to make any demands of him but I also didn’t want to leave the team a man short five minutes from a very important match.“

Maria

This part

“Cristiano was always by my side, I’m not sure how much longer he can put up with it at Real Madrid."

is completelly cut. The interview was something like this:

Reporter: "I noticed that Cristiano was angry in his last interviews. Do you think that he will be at RM for a long period?"
Di Maria: "Well I don't know how much he will last or for how long does he want to stay at the club. Cristiano is the only one who knows that."

It's not exactly the same.

I think Ronaldo will jump ship if RM doesn't win anything and Man U has a decent season.

Cristiano left Manchester United when they were champions of England, played the final of CL and Ferguson, the only coach with whom he had a special relationship, was still there to come at a Real Madrid who was humilliated by Barca and Liverpool and had years since they made in a CL QF. As mad as he is right now, I doubt that he is stupid enough to leave Real for Manchester United.

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Cristiano left Manchester United when they were champions of England, played the final of CL and Ferguson, the only coach with whom he had a special relationship, was still there to come at a Real Madrid who was humilliated by Barca and Liverpool and had years since they made in a CL QF. As mad as he is right now, I doubt that he is stupid enough to leave Real for Manchester United.

United is able to spend extreme amounts of money every year and they will do everything to top the PL again. Would also be Ronaldo's last chance to sign a new contract, while he is on top, which would probably make him the highest paid footballer in the world.

Perez seems to be in crazy mode right now after Decima was won and it looks like the Galacticos will come back. Cristiano will not remain the one and only superstar who is above everyone else. Bale, James and more shiny toys to come that want their own glory instead of providing for a declining Cristiano (not performance wise but because of his injuries).

Gooch

Ah, what might have been. But it wasn't di Maria only, it was a fit Aguero also which made a huge difference. Things will be interesting in four years, though Aguero may be past it. They still need a little more quality in the midfield, particularly from Biglia and his name slips my mind from Benfica.

Maria

United is able to spend extreme amounts of money every year and they will do everything to top the PL again. Would also be Ronaldo's last chance to sign a new contract, while he is on top, which would probably make him the highest paid footballer in the world.

I never doubted United's ability to overpay for players they don't need. And Ronaldo is already making insane amounts of money playing for his dream club. If all this talk would have atleast taken place before Cristiano extended his contract, then maybe it would have been believable, but now it doesn't make sense.

Dave Saves

I never doubted United's ability to overpay for players they don't need. And Ronaldo is already making insane amounts of money playing for his dream club. If all this talk would have atleast taken place before Cristiano extended his contract, then maybe it would have been believable, but now it doesn't make sense.

:(

Morten

It seems like Di Maria had some odd remarks regarding Ronaldo during the wc, but now he says they were good friends during their time in the club? I think Di Maria has been talking out of his ass during this summer/after he left.

Chainsaw

Killahead
It seems like Di Maria had some odd remarks regarding Ronaldo during the wc, but now he says they were good friends during their time in the club? I think Di Maria has been talking out of his ass during this summer/after he left.

What odd remarks?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So...... He can't be a good friend of Cristiano because he said that Messi is better?

Home of Barca Fans