Andreu Fontas

Co0ter

I heard that Fontas played most of Sunday's game as a LB? I'm just wondering how he played- I was only able to catch a few minutes here and there due to visiting priorities.

Fontas isn't very pacey but I think he definately has potential to be a CB...just curious to see how he did on the left as well.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I heard that Fontas played most of Sunday's game as a LB? I'm just wondering how he played- I was only able to catch a few minutes here and there due to visiting priorities.

Fontas isn't very pacey but I think he definately has potential to be a CB...just curious to see how he did on the left as well.

He's been reserved. Wasn't getting forward much and avoided risk passes. I got an impression he was all about not making any mistakes.
One or 2 times, Callejon gave him trouble but overall I think Fontas did ok.

Co0ter

I think he played really well so far as a CB. I don't see him having the qualities (dribbling, speed) to be a LB...I think it was just Pep trying to keep players fresh and not risk injuries.

TEKNYK

Fontas now officially 1st team player according to sport.

FONTÀS, FIRST 'SIGNING' FOR DEFENSE
FC Barcelona already has its first 'booster' for the season 2011/12. Andreu is Fontàs. The defense of the subsidiary will be the first team sheet this season and his buyout will be 30 million euros

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Pleased for him, he should get more minutes next season, Pep is clearly trusting him to be an adequate backup, hopefully he continues to progress nicely.

Barcafan 2304

Think he will mate. Was fortunate to attend the Rubin Kazan home game last year where a number of youngsters/fringe players were started and he really stood out

LaMessiah

Think that had to do more with missing out on his cheap price than anything else... Botia will be in Barca next year

Home of Barca Fans