Andreu Fontas

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I've been nothing but thoroughly impressed with Fontas since 2 seasons ago...I see him as a fixture in the center of defense with Pique for years to come

K

KittenMittons

Is it a good idea to have two ball playing defenders though?

As long as they can work together, i think it can be great. I remember spring 2009 where Pique and Marquez made one of the more solid defenses i have seen in a while and put our captain on the bench even in important matches, before Marquez was injuried.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
good performance today.

not tested a lot, but still very composed in his actions. not as adventurous as he could have been with his passing (most were crab-passes to Puyol) but I was very pleased to see him play like that.

with him, Sergi Gomez and Bartra coming through, I don't think we have to worry TOO MUCH about CB.

El Mesías

I like the way the rest of the team rushed to celebrate with Fontas first b4 going to Pedro. Same as Bojan's 1st goal when all the bench was already up on thier feet hoping he score. Ahhhh such little actions make me love Barca more

nebeer

Love is All
Great to see Fontas today, that pass was sublime. Normally, Mascherano plays long passes like that. Though he took it easy and didn't try to do too much as he is just settling with the frequency of the rest of the team. He is a great prospect in the making.

Richard.H

He reminds me of Pique a lot. His looks, the way he runs, his playing style, I think we might have a Pique 2.0 here.

S

Slide

Great to see Fontas today, that pass was sublime. Normally, Mascherano plays long passes like that. Though he took it easy and didn't try to do too much as he is just settling with the frequency of the rest of the team. He is a great prospect in the making.

I agree with you that he's good, and he had a very good game yesterday against Almeria. However, he's 21 already and he's broken into the spotlight only lately. I don't think it's fair to compare him to Pique who's only 2 years older than him, has been playing at a much higher level since the age of 18 and has already established himself as on of the best defenders in the world.

iookram

good performance today.

not tested a lot, but still very composed in his actions. not as adventurous as he could have been with his passing (most were crab-passes to Puyol) but I was very pleased to see him play like that.

with him, Sergi Gomez and Bartra coming through, I don't think we have to worry TOO MUCH about CB.

Yeah. Also Muniesa!

Fontàstic

What an assist yesterday! Well, alright - it certainly wasn't top class defending, but it was still a classy pass. Well done. Almost a Márquez-like pass. Mark my words - Fontàs will conquer the world one day! :cool: :yes:

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
why not?it has nothing to do with who covers,also Fontas looks not adventrous going forward like Pique so they they can be an awesome pair in the future,guess it will be Fontas taking priority in dealing with the headers,Pique covering him,we will see

Muniesa is not even gonna be a CB
have you watched Barca B? Or the matches that Fontas has played for the first itme? He's much like Milito that loves to go forward. don't know where you got that from..

Home of Barca Fans