Andres Iniesta

Jarro

I think this year for me he is outshining messi. Yeah Messi scores and humiliates but Andres rips teams apart as was seen in the video.

Y

Youngie

I think this year for me he is outshining messi. Yeah Messi scores and humiliates but Andres rips teams apart as was seen in the video.

Don't know about this but Andrés is playing perhaps his best ever on the LW. People (i.e. Ursegor) should stop complaining about the Iniesta/Cesc combo since it's breaking records. And the pair (Fabriesta) have almost 30 assists together this season. Why fix if not broken?

Stric

But it is broken in a way, since we're conceding more than what we have in ages

We also played a good part of the season with Mascherano / Song / Busquets / Adriano as CBs. It's not so much a problem of what going on in our attack as of what our "CBs" (see what I did there? :lol: ) are doing. I don't see how Iniesta and Fabregas contribute much to our conceded goals count. Most of the goals we concede are defensive errors. And many of them were the result of Messi losing possession in midfield. This usually doesn't have much to do with the defensive efforts of our wingers/midfielders.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
We also played a good part of the season with Mascherano / Song / Busquets / Adriano as CBs. It's not so much a problem of what going on in our attack as of what our "CBs" (see what I did there? :lol: ) are doing. I don't see how Iniesta and Fabregas contribute much to our conceded goals count. Most of the goals we concede are defensive errors. And many of them were the result of Messi losing possession in midfield. This usually doesn't have much to do with the defensive efforts of our wingers/midfielders.
Well if I remember correctly Malaga scored from our left side, and so did Real Madrid. I'm not saying it's solely down to the left-sided winger not being great defensively (on the wing that is, Iniesta is actually pretty good in defense when played at cm), but it does contribute. Firstly it makes our pressing less effective and in the latter phase we lose a player with the stamina to harass the opponents winger/track their right back.

K

Karnivore

Iniesta's no way near as good as Messi, thus why he doesn't attract the same number of markers. Messi is so unique because he does what Iniesta does in the most crowded of spaces, and at a much higher speed. Showed massively on Wednesday night.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Well Valdes hasn't made any mistakes since the one vs Madrid in the super cup. The goals he's been conceding haven't been easy saves. Sure, the defense at the early parts of the season should take most of the blame but it's been really solid recently and we're still conceding. With Valdes and with Pinto. The reason for this is that the defense is usually left to fend for itself, with Busquets often having to run to one of the wings to stop counters, and he's hardly one of our quickest players.

Edit: you deleted the comment? :(

jamrock

Cesc fan boys tend to have a very limited understanding of football, so you can't argue logically with them, my only hope for getting iniesta back in the midfield is for us to buy neymar in the summer, with all the hype he will come with Tito will be forced to bench cesc.

Y

Youngie

Cesc fan boys tend to have a very limited understanding of football, so you can't argue logically with them, my only hope for getting iniesta back in the midfield is for us to buy neymar in the summer, with all the hype he will come with Tito will be forced to bench Xavi.

Fixed.

What's the big deal about Iniesta being back in midfield? He's playing better than ever on the wing. Something like 4 goals + 17 assists already.

Edit: you deleted the comment? :(

There was enough guys already arguing the same point as me. I wanted to give you a bit of a break.

raskolnikov

We need space in big games for Messi cause they manmark him between a lot of players, with no threat from the wings they can let those players join in and crowd up the center, Iniesta tends to fall back deeper cause he isnt a real winger, in games like that we need players on the wings that require attention so we get more space, therefore Iniesta should be in midfield vs Madrid.

Y

Youngie

Barça could've had 8 goals against madrid. There was nothing wrong with the gameplan/formation/choice of players or whatever else...

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
There was enough guys already arguing the same point as me. I wanted to give you a bit of a break.
Heh, discussing with 1 or 10 people is still the same thing, no need for a break :p

Gave me a chance to expand slightly on my reasons behind what I wrote

Home of Barca Fans