Andres Iniesta

N

newmi

I've got a question that concerns Iniesta, but also Xavi. I've noticed that when representing Spain, Iniesta wears number 6, and Xavi number 8, even though it's the other way around in Barcelona.

Anyone who can explain to me why? It would be much appreciated..

ceefoo

INIESTA INJURY vs Villarreal

Sky Sports News reporting that it is a "small tear in the thigh muscle" Andres hopes to be fit for UCL Final.

D

dlan4327

I just decided to pop over from manutdtalk to say my piece. I've rated Iniesta higher than the usual attention grabbers at Barca

For some inexplicable reason I've always gravitated towards the players who tend to contribute more while hiding in the shade of others.

Back in 2006 when everybody watched Ronaldinho I was a massive Deco fan. In Euro 2008 when everybody was lining up to praise Xavi...

I told everybody I could how I'd take Iniesta over Xavi any day of the week. Call me crazy, I probably am. :biggrin:

In 2006 if I had my pick of the Barca squad I'd have bought Deco. In 2009 I'd snub Messi, Xavi & Eto'o. Give me Iniesta.

I mean Iniesta is more versatile than Xavi or Messi. He can play in the middle, out left, as a wide forward & probably out right too.

He can dribble his way past anybody. Most importantly he shone against Chelsea while Messi was shut out & he was making great runs.

His passing is superb. He can do magical things. Fantastic on the ball, awesome passing ability. I see him as the most deadly at Barca.

Maybe I just have a thing for play makers who have an eye for a pass but I love Iniesta & would take him over Messi. :iniesta:

D

dlan4327

If he could only score goals, and make more assist.

Well goals is the only area he's lacking in for me. In terms of assists it's a bit harder to say.

Officially he has 8 but how much build up play is he involved in & to what degree?

E.g. How many times has Iniesta made a mazy run only to lay the ball off to someone who'll tee up another?

Iniesta makes great runs but is very unselfish in setting up others who in turn set up others.

Galning

I've got a question that concerns Iniesta, but also Xavi. I've noticed that when representing Spain, Iniesta wears number 6, and Xavi number 8, even though it's the other way around in Barcelona.

Anyone who can explain to me why? It would be much appreciated..

I noticed that too, but I don't know why that is. Maybe they're trying to confuse us.

Barca_Cunninggate

BarcelonaFC
I just decided to pop over from manutdtalk to say my piece. I've rated Iniesta higher than the usual attention grabbers at Barca

For some inexplicable reason I've always gravitated towards the players who tend to contribute more while hiding in the shade of others.

Back in 2006 when everybody watched Ronaldinho I was a massive Deco fan. In Euro 2008 when everybody was lining up to praise Xavi...

I told everybody I could how I'd take Iniesta over Xavi any day of the week. Call me crazy, I probably am. :biggrin:

In 2006 if I had my pick of the Barca squad I'd have bought Deco. In 2009 I'd snub Messi, Xavi & Eto'o. Give me Iniesta.

I mean Iniesta is more versatile than Xavi or Messi. He can play in the middle, out left, as a wide forward & probably out right too.

He can dribble his way past anybody. Most importantly he shone against Chelsea while Messi was shut out & he was making great runs.

His passing is superb. He can do magical things. Fantastic on the ball, awesome passing ability. I see him as the most deadly at Barca.

Maybe I just have a thing for play makers who have an eye for a pass but I love Iniesta & would take him over Messi. :iniesta:

Messi was marked by 3 players on that night. Therefore he was not able to produce the magic that he is usually regarded for. Chelsea and there 'Rugby Style' approach to the game

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans