Andres Iniesta

Vecellio

Justin is clearly a wind up merchant who enjoys the attention. I believe this has gone far enough, as plenty have already said. Don't feed the troll..;)

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
Just a little bit more, meta...just a little bit. He's still progressing to be at his peak form before injury, just a little bit....:D Man, sir alex was right. If he's on the mood, he can keep the ball at his feet all night long

Last edited:

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Oh noes Justin, Iniesta launched another attack but no assist. :(

4-0

He finally got 2 assists for the last 2 goals though. The 2nd being a corner after Xavi went off the pitch. Awesome ... seems like Iniesta can still do sth useful w/out Xavi ... even though some ppl dont believe that ;)

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Andres needs to add more selfishness to his game at times. He eats up space rapidly when he runs with the ball, but just this weekend there were times where other players would have gone on and had a pop, whereas he doesn't even see it as an option and just plays a pass. He doesn't want to become Hleb-esque and develop a fear of shooting.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
He's much more intelligent of a player than Helb, he does need to be willing to shoot more though..I mean look what happened last time he decided to be "selfish" and take a shot? :iniesta:

veryfatchocobo

Actually Etoo scored many goals because of Messi and Xavi not Iniesta, also it's harder to score goals in Italy because teams are more defensive.

Also you are wrong to say that Fabregas gets so much space in the EPL. There actually less space in the EPL compare to Spain because midfielders in England tend to be more aggressive and close down space more quickly and defences in England are more compact and organised.

Also Fabregas can open up play and dictate the game much better than Iniesta does. Fabregas is the main creative force for Arsenal and all their movements forward go though Fabregas. While Iniesta is only a complimentary player playing a supporting role to Xavi and Messi.

If Xavi gets injured can Barcelona rely on Iniesta to be the main creative force in midfield? No, whereas Fabregas based on his Arsenal performance showed he could be the main midfield creative force in midfield for Barcelona.

Fabregas tends to release passes more quickly than Iniesta, while Iniesta can dwell on the ball and lose it.

Fabregas short passing game is more incisive and intelligent than Iniesta, look at the chances Fabregas creates for Arshavin and Van Persie.

Fabregas does accurate long passes to either spread the play or release the forwards quickly something which Iniesta can't do.

I will rely to the rest when I have time.

Way to show yourself again and ignore another argument that's against you. Congrats.

MinaFCB

Not yet in the greatest form,not yet.

Imo,His and Henry's complete regress is crucial for improvement of our performances

Mes que un club

Actually Etoo scored many goals because of Messi and Xavi not Iniesta, also it's harder to score goals in Italy because teams are more defensive. He scored just as many goals due to the excellent dribbling and passing of Iniesta, and no stats will ever prove otherwise as he is often the guy who gets the second to last pass which is often what cuts the defence open.

Also you are wrong to say that Fabregas gets so much space in the EPL. There actually less space in the EPL compare to Spain because midfielders in England tend to be more aggressive and close down space more quickly and defences in England are more compact and organised. That fact that the tempo is normally higher and like you said they close down and run at the player in possesion. This gives great chances for guys like Cesc, Xavi or Iniesta as they leave space behind them and the tempo will be higher and as such, the defence more open.

Also Fabregas can open up play and dictate the game much better than Iniesta does. Fabregas is the main creative force for Arsenal and all their movements forward go though Fabregas. While Iniesta is only a complimentary player playing a supporting role to Xavi and Messi. Thats because Fabregas is the best player in their team, and they haven't got three players who can upen up the defence like Barca do in Iniesta (most important player in this aspect, no matter what you thing), Xavi and Messi. The last thing you said is just laughable

If Xavi gets injured can Barcelona rely on Iniesta to be the main creative force in midfield? No, whereas Fabregas based on his Arsenal performance showed he could be the main midfield creative force in midfield for Barcelona.Well, actually the answer to that question is yes.

Fabregas tends to release passes more quickly than Iniesta, while Iniesta can dwell on the ball and lose it. While he might, cleverly, lower the tempo to look for the right openings, he never loses the ball (well, as close to never as possible), and Cesc very often hits the long pass deep that is then intercepted

Fabregas short passing game is more incisive and intelligent than Iniesta, look at the chances Fabregas creates for Arshavin and Van Persie. Wrong. Iniesta is a lot better in the small areas and can play or dribble way out of trouble and his short passes are better than Fabregas'

Fabregas does accurate long passes to either spread the play or release the forwards quickly something which Iniesta can't do. Well thats just plain wrong

I will rely to the rest when I have time.Meaning you were unable to counter-argue?

Sorry for feeding the troll, btw

[FCB]Messi[10

A remarkable change in flow since he entered the pitch.

Yeah it is true, but I noticed that when Xavi got subbed in then Iniesta came on Barca were playing like Barca. They were passing the ball way better, and Iniesta and Xavi played fluidly with the team.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Again, as brilliant as he was, I dont know why he lost that confidence he had at the end of last season. He can dribble 3 players, round the keeper, and still pass to another player 9 times out of 10. He has to finish more often IMO, and practice his shooting. That detail is what put him on par with Messi. Without it he will never be the best player in the world.

J

justin

Again, as brilliant as he was, I dont know why he lost that confidence he had at the end of last season. He can dribble 3 players, round the keeper, and still pass to another player 9 times out of 10. He has to finish more often IMO, and practice his shooting. That detail is what put him on par with Messi. Without it he will never be the best player in the world.
If he passes 9 times out of 10 how come he gets so few assists.
Cesc has already got more assists this season than Iniesta for the whole of last season.

Home of Barca Fans