Andres Iniesta

serghei

If there ever was a big game player it's this guy. The difference in level between average games for him and big occasions is amazing.
MOTM for me.

Exactly. He wasn't that great this season in the lesser matches, but he was absolutely unstoppable in the big ones. Lisbon awaits.

FiReFTW

His technique, close control, instinct and reflexes when maneouvering tight spaces is second to none, its what every footballer dreams of.

Stric

I'm beginning to think that Nike puts something in Iniesta's boots that makes the ball stick to them. Because there's just no way that human movement can do what he does with the ball.

serghei

I'm beginning to think that Nike puts something in Iniesta's boots that makes the ball stick to them. Because there's just no way that human movement can do what he does with the ball.

When I watch Iniesta on my LED TV, he's moving in, like, 50fps, while his opponents get stuck at 25.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Inesta and Messi willed Barcelona to a win. The rest of the players either had a bad game or a neutral/slightly above average game. It was Iniesta and Messi that made the difference, and it weren't because Messi is such an uncontrollable force of nature, Iniesta would get much more recognition which he truly deserves.

Such is the curse of Iniesta for playing in the same era and in the same team of the best player in history. However, we fans of the team recognize and appreciate his genius despite of this.

He definitely did not start the season in the best of forms, but boy has he picked it up. The pale assassin is back!

Jelboo

Iniesta is just... so good lately. I feel weird about attributing it to his personal life but man, I think we all noticed the difference.

dakt

It will be unfair not to give him "Ballon d'Or". This guy is such a joy and pleasure to watch him play !

I cannot agree more. Mess I admire, but Iniesta I love. If I saw him on the street, I would kiss him, no homo!
But yeah, so glad to have them both in Barca.

Cule4life

The Culest
If Iniesta scored goals more often he would surely have a Ballon Dor.

That's the reason why I will never respect the award. They like Oscars have too narrow a view. Oscars are obsessed with artsy films and balon dor is obsessed with goal scorers

ceefoo

It will be unfair not to give him "Ballon d'Or"....

If Iniesta scored goals more often he would surely have a Ballon Dor.

That's the reason why I will never respect the award. They like Oscars have too narrow a view. Oscars are obsessed with artsy films and balon dor is obsessed with goal scorers
D'you think that if he leads Spain to another World Cup triumph he could win it?

I keep hearing from people that for Messi to be considered the true GOAT, he has to lead Argentina to World Cup victory, but Iniesta has ALREADY done this. He scored the winning goal in the WC Final after all!

Iniesta has been in the top 3 of the Ballon d'Or numerous times so he is obviously on the voters' radars. It's unfortunate but I agree that if he had more goals to his game he would be a serious contender.

Anyhow.... He AND Xavi will always be the GREATEST in all culés eyes. That's what really matters.

NotInHere

It will be unfair not to give him "Ballon d'Or". This guy is such a joy and pleasure to watch him play !
That award goes to the best player in the world, and that is Leo. Iniesta is a legend, and a great player in his own right, but its not too often that you find players who can assist and score at such magnificent rate and make a difference like Leo.

Iniesta though is a genius at what he does.

Home of Barca Fans