Andres Iniesta

Co0ter

I enjoyed Torres toying with those two defenders when he was stranded on the LW. Gave me a good laugh. After fumbling over himself during his first touches, he ended up scoring a goal and tooling those defenders. I'd say a very decent first showing back.

Meta- I've been saying that all along too. Iniesta is VERY injury prone. People seem to live in the world where Xavi-Iniesta are always around.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
So what do we do if Iniesta suddenly goes a season without getting injured? Kindly explain to a player who used to be a captain in "the best league ever" that he's going to be warming the bench? Good luck with that.

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
it;s a shame too se such a great player to be so damn injury prone. If he does not recover for good in the summer, his whole career might be doomed by those injuries.. he is worse than Robben.. Really, really bad luck.

dalitis8

Banned
No matter what happens....we NEED Cesc....

I mean there are so many matches these days...ALL players get injured at some stage....and who can really expect that Iniesta goes through the upcoming season fully unscathed?

Even if he does(Andres)why should Xavi have to play 60 freakin games per season(plus another 5-10 with the NT)

And even if all 3 of them are fit and healthy and rested(I think anyone admits,highly unlikely)couldn't we conceivably utilise all 3 of this brilliant trio?

Cesc,Andres and Xavi are the Top 3 creative midfielders in the world.....why shouldn't WE have monopoly over this concentrated genius?

beef-supreme

So what do we do if Iniesta suddenly goes a season without getting injured? Kindly explain to a player who used to be a captain in "the best league ever" that he's going to be warming the bench? Good luck with that.

Naah Iniesta can't play every match even if he does go injured, same with Xavi, so Cesc will get pleeenty of playing time. As much as the other 2.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
And I'm pretty sure i've agreed with you for that long :)

But yes, it isn't my argument, dunno why i said it lol, i was just typing selfishly i guess.

Anyway, What the hell with Andres' injury again... Just when a few weeks ago I was having a discussion with Nolan about his injury-proneness. The Cesc purchase would NOT be superfluous.

typing selfishly... what a great way to put it. :D

but yeah, you have agreed with me for ages. it's a valid argument and one I hope the club doesn't ignore. jona and t-bone aren't ready yet. cesc is.

iniesta hasn't spent a season uninjured since... 05/06 when he was a perennial sub?

I can't remember.

he's not a durable player.

and as I've said a hundred million times: PEP LIKES ROTATION.

remember in 08/09 when we couldn't guess the lineup game-to-game? remember how GOOD we were because pep should change the odd player here or there (even if it was gleb or guddy ffs) and opponents would not be ready for that?

remember how we couldn't do that last season because of a small squad and injuries?

but I forgive you your continued illogical opposition as you clearly have an issue with prodigal sons; you were staunchy anti-piqué 'til he cockslapped you with his magnificence during the 08/09 run-in.

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
Even of both Xavi and iniesta don't get injured, Pep could still play all 3.. I mean, 4-3-3 without destroyer, for spain is fine.. For CL maybe not, but for spain yes. Xavi could be the deep laying playmaker, while fabregas and iniesta as CM, in the attack, well, we know.. Damn so scary.

or when need more attacking, than Xavi and Cech as CMs, while Iniesta can play as the AM in the team. So once again, all 3 will play. Plus Iniesta although little wasted, can play as the LW, with Villa and Messi in the attack if needed, so yes, i do agree that Cech is needed for you, although not THAT needed since you still have Yaya who i regard to be great player...

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
nah man I doubt it'll work. maybe against xerez etc but what if we play Osasuna that are a decent attacking side?

it's a big gamble and i'm not sure if pep wants to take it. the model of cesc-xavi-inie might work if both cesc and xavi play as pivote but then iniesta will stand for all the creativity and that just isen't enugh for barcelona.
i think it's better to play with 4-2-3-1, busi(defensive midfielder) and xavi (CM/pivote), cesc(AM), iniesta (LAM) messi(RAM) and villa (CF).
problem solved.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
How is Osasuna a decent attacking side? Their attack is absolutely useless compared to their respectable defense, 37 goals scored in 38 games says it all.

beef-supreme

typing selfishly... what a great way to put it. :D

but yeah, you have agreed with me for ages. it's a valid argument and one I hope the club doesn't ignore. jona and t-bone aren't ready yet. cesc is.

iniesta hasn't spent a season uninjured since... 05/06 when he was a perennial sub?

I can't remember.

he's not a durable player.

and as I've said a hundred million times: PEP LIKES ROTATION.

remember in 08/09 when we couldn't guess the lineup game-to-game? remember how GOOD we were because pep should change the odd player here or there (even if it was gleb or guddy ffs) and opponents would not be ready for that?

remember how we couldn't do that last season because of a small squad and injuries?

but I forgive you your continued illogical opposition as you clearly have an issue with prodigal sons; you were staunchy anti-piqué 'til he cockslapped you with his magnificence during the 08/09 run-in.

This is truth. I remember the thread that was created after the treble season discussing the possibility of squad expansion. That didn't really happen ,as we let some players go for free, put more out on loan, and we only brought in 3. We suffered in the midfield and Iniesta had to play so much that he simply fatigued, and missed a lot of the 2nd half of the season, and the effects are persisting. Rotation is key here. I put the statistics down somewhere in another thread, and they suggest that Iniesta's playing time shortages in the years around 2004 weren't down to inexperience and youth but to lack of strength to complete matches, because while he may have had a peak playing time a few seasons later, it dropped back down again. He plays about half as much as Xavi per season!

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
How is Osasuna a decent attacking side? Their attack is absolutely useless compared to their respectable defense, 37 goals scored in 38 games says it all.
park the bus. get the ball in midfield and attack quick. they play a totally other type of football against Barca..

barca96

pep certainly didnt like rotation last season.

btw, iniesta has been given an all clear to play. i wish he sit out though for the 1st match

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
We didn't have much to chose from to be honest, so I wouldn't know if Pep is a fan of rotations or not... By my own impression I would say he's not, but only a deeper and more diverse squad would give the answer...

Home of Barca Fans