Andres Iniesta

Sallou

Thank you TheFallen. Nice to see someone agree- though Messi is still.....well, Messi. Best player most of us are likely to ever see.

Co0ter

Iniesta is an amazing player, but him and Messi are very differen't. I don't see why you'd even bother comparing them. Messi has a much larger impact on the field than Iniesta. Although Iniesta can be a constant threat when he has the ball, and he sees a lot of it most of the time, Messi is way more influential. Messi can shift their entire team by moving a few steps or merely just getting the ball passed to him and passing it back quickly. Good players usually fade out when other teams realize how good they are and mark them out with multiple defenders; Messi finds a way around it and is still brilliant, that is what makes him great. Imagine if Messi wasn't marked as much as he is and had the space he had when he was younger?! Without Messi on the pitch regularly it'd be much more difficult for our midfield to function; Iniesta just doesn't carry as much an impact. Individually both are two very special, different players.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

Iniesta is an amazing player, but him and Messi are very differen't. I don't see why you'd even bother comparing them. Messi has a much larger impact on the field than Iniesta. Although Iniesta can be a constant threat when he has the ball, and he sees a lot of it most of the time, Messi is way more influential. Messi can shift their entire team by moving a few steps or merely just getting the ball passed to him and passing it back quickly. Good players usually fade out when other teams realize how good they are and mark them out with multiple defenders; Messi finds a way around it and is still brilliant, that is what makes him great. Imagine if Messi wasn't marked as much as he is and had the space he had when he was younger?! Without Messi on the pitch regularly it'd be much more difficult for our midfield to function; Iniesta just doesn't carry as much an impact. Individually both are two very special, different players.
all true but im still dissapointed in the fact that his greatness is greatly reduced against EPL teams. He is gang marked but still he dribbles multiple players in Spain. EPL is more difficult defense? Well i believe if he could exercise against EPL defenders he will surely exploit his talents.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Who cares ? We play English teams 2 or 3 times a season at most. And let's remember how great he was in Rome.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
if iniesta could finish anywhere near as good as pedro or messi we would be so much better... think about it

o well he still one the best in the world

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Yeh lovely pass, I thought overall he played very well in the middle, kept changing the direction of things and helped to build attacks. We kept possession very well when he was involved.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
That tackle: I was afraid cause his foot was standing on the grass and got blocked. It looked dagerous for the ankle so I hope there is nothing wrong with it.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Yeh awful tackle, if his studs had really gripped the ground his leg would have bent the wrong way. He seemed to be ok though thankfully.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I just wish he could shoot.

that move where xavi flicked it through to him and he just punted it at juan carlos... sigh!

still, great performance.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i swear i can not figure out how he dribbles it is like he has wheels...

pep really needs to schedule some finishing prac for about 3 hours a day for andres..

beef-supreme

That tackle: I was afraid cause his foot was standing on the grass and got blocked. It looked dagerous for the ankle so I hope there is nothing wrong with it.

Yeah frikkin hell it looked like he broke it, my girlfriend and I were both curled up in pain because it looked bad. I just hope he's ok. No news from fcbarca.cat.
Also Pedro's 15th goal of the season... He's been shockingly good.

Home of Barca Fans