André Gomes

F

FlaFCB

But he'll keep playing, as he has all the attributes, according to Robert.

GetIn

Why is this thread still at 3 stars. He is tall but doesn't use his height to his advantage, can't dribble, can't shoot, can't pass, can't track back, can't mark players or defend, can't run.

Why is Lucho still insistent on playing him, when his only tried and tested move is to pass the ball sideways. He is the type of player to pass the ball sideways into the touch line while having an empty net and no pressure on him.

MIXA

Enrique has a really big call to make after today's performance from Gomes.

Does he play him as the RCM or the DM against Juve?

I think that he'll go for DM since he wasn't so good in the CM role.

KingLeo10

if he plays anywhere on the pitch, we're going to come back from turin with a 3 goal deficit minimum. i'd rather play MATS in midfield.

kjk2184

Why is this thread still at 3 stars. He is tall but doesn't use his height to his advantage, can't dribble, can't shoot, can't pass, can't track back, can't mark players or defend, can't run.

Why is Lucho still insistent on playing him, when his only tried and tested move is to pass the ball sideways. He is the type of player to pass the ball sideways into the touch line while having an empty net and no pressure on him.

I wish Lucho would explain his reasoning, but unfortunately he won't. Also, why does he keep him on and take Denis off at half-time? Makes no sense. But Lucho will just spew some crap about fans needing to support all players no matter what.

kjk2184

Depends on how much of a deficit he wants to bring back to Barcelona for the 2nd leg, he has a few days to decide lol. But at least he won't make the mistake again of putting Gomes on the bench for the 2nd leg, he'll start again to ensure there is none of that come back nonsense.

F

FlaFCB

Geez, I forgot Busquets is suspended for the juve game. Just great :throw:

MIXA

if he plays anywhere on the pitch, we're going to come back from turin with a 3 goal deficit minimum. i'd rather play MATS in midfield.

Totally agree, but at this stage it seems as if the question that Enrique asks himself is not IF Gomes should play.

With all that has gone on this season and continues to go on, the only question I see Enrique asking himself is, WHERE does Gomes play.

clemente

Its just business, we are trying to keep up his price tag, Lucho will continue starting him, board will continue praising him, hope at the summer they still will accept that 10m bid from someone and accept that ~50m € loss.

God Serena

We have to build chemistry. These guys only have several games played with each other. These things take time. We have to work hard, that's what we need to do. Don't let our opponents surpass us in desire and ambition.

Too many people think players click right away, like in FIFA, PES or some other computer games. In real life, a player's adjustment to a new team can last up to a full year. And you have to wait this period in order to make a valid position about a player, if he can help you or not. That's what squad management is all about.

Should've started.

I have no problem with Rafinha being one of the fist solutions from the bench, or with him playing as a starter from time to time. However, fact of the matter is this was a key game, chance to go 1st in the league, and Lucho benched our two best midfielders, Rakitic and Andre Gomes.

Much better than the putrid Denis Suarez. Better than Rafinha too, although he has been doing well lately.

I recall you guys say he was trash.
What changed?

All from mid-October to mid-November, I just clicked a random page and started scrolling.

Looks like this guy is actively getting worse, this nonsense about adapting that so many of his defenders spoke of is long gone.

Home of Barca Fans