André Gomes

BerkeleyBernie

He is okay but he is too clumsy, lacks composure. But getting better for sure, lets see where he will be at the end of the season.

Yeah, we'll see. Rakitic was a mess on the ball when he first arrived, much more composed now. I don't like to see them on the field at the same time, but one hopes they will be swappable if Gomes can calm down and improve as Rakitic did.

SeloBarca

Gomes were wortless on positioning often blocking running paths for other players, couldnt time his runs at all and missplaced easy passes.
And hes so slow its like watching a walrus on land.
better than Rakitic though.

Our midfield is reaaally weak.
Like i said, none of our midfielders except Iniesta would take a spot in any other big club.

Last edited:

Siberia

The way he turns with the ball.. beautiful! he reminds me of xavi and he's really great at one touch passing. he's definitely a gem!

Last edited:

wisconsincule

I'm indifferent at this point. I wish he would turn and take on defenders more often when he receives the ball. I feel like he is capable of making some Iniesta esque runs.

Last edited:

André

The way he turns with the ball.. he reminds me of xavi and he's really great at one touch passing. he's definitely a gem!

And people say he wasnt good. Jesus christ..barca fans at their best again. The guy is definitely something special and dont forget how the midfield struggles under lucho. Imagine him under Pep. Great controll and he does have the ability to dribble

kilian

He was solid yesterday, with some great moves. But Rakitic - Busi - Gomes midfield looks really slow. Celtic exposed us too many times yesterday. I would give my left nut for Verratti. I can`t understand how we missed some of the players in recent years. Modric, Verratti, Thiago Silva etc. They were all available at some point, but our management was just too incompetent.

Dado

Modric, Verratti, Thiago Silva etc. They were all available at some point, but our management was just too incompetent.

Regarding Modric, when he played for Dinamo Zagreb the main football scout/agent in Croatia for the Italian market said of him that he is not a player for top clubs, that he lacks the extra class.
Cant find the online statement of the croatian agent but ...

http://www.football365.com/news/redknapp-reveals-why-wenger-turned-down-modric

Harry Redknapp says Arsene Wenger turned down the chance to sign Luka Modric because he was “not physically imposing enough”.

Anyone remember Diego from Werder?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_(footballer,_born_1985)
Went to Juventus and it was downhill from there ....

Point being just cannot know.
Do you think Pogba is delivering what Man Utd expected of him?

If Verratti came to Barca it would be 50% chance of him being a "Hleb/Fabregas"

Dado

Regarding Modric, when he played for Dinamo Zagreb the main football scout/agent in Croatia for the Italian market said of him that he is not a player for top clubs, that he lacks the extra class.
Cant find the online statement of the croatian agent but ...

http://www.football365.com/news/redknapp-reveals-why-wenger-turned-down-modric

Anyone remember Diego from Werder?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_(footballer,_born_1985)
Went to Juventus and it was downhill from there ....

Point being just cannot know.
Do you think Pogba is delivering what Man Utd expected of him?

If Verratti came to Barca it would be 50% chance of him being a "Hleb/Fabregas"

P.S.

And James how could i have forgotten him ....

Potroh

Gomes were wortless on positioning often blocking running paths for other players, couldnt time his runs at all and missplaced easy passes.
And hes so slow its like watching a walrus on land.

Absolutely agreed upon!
Optimistic (and semi-blind) fellows say here he can "improve" or he needs playtime... Have you ever come across with a player who became FASTER at his age? Because all 3rd ranking coaches will tell you that it is impossible and never ever happened in history.
He is not just slow with the ball, he's slow without it, turning slowly and his perception is also way slower compared to the other "Barca class" players.
The fact that he is lacking creativity is just on the top of all that...

serghei

Missplaced easy passes? I think that was one of the best things in his game last night, the fact that in possession he almost never lost the ball through a bad pass.

He has a 94% ratio of successful passes in 4 games played. Busi has 93%, Iniesta has 91%, Rakitic has 89%. How the hell does he missplace that many easy passes as you say, and yet he has the best attempted passes - successful passes rate from all of our midfielders?

Home of Barca Fans