André Gomes

JamDav1982

But he also showed twice as much

So Valverde has it pretty much accurate in who he is playing and not playing Gomes more.

Made up as I said.

Think both have been poor. Semedo been better and played more for it but not been good enough to be ahead of Roberto.

JamDav1982

Overall so far yes. But i hope semedo will make it here. This guy has so much potential as a RB.

Hope he does as well but needs to get far far better going forward and in link up play.

Last game was better and had couple decent ones here and there but needs to learn how to play for Barca.

I think the problem is like communists believe all humans must live and thrive in an identical system that benefits everyone equally - you believe all players have the same talent at the same age headed for the same outcome.

Neymar - from his worst games to his best showed he has raw ability. He showed he can win a game on his own at times. that is what was expected of him. Gomes.. well now Gomes has looked below average most the time - with his best moments lifting him to the average category. Therefore ideologue apologies for him based on his age compared to other players are null and void. Not all players develop equally and not all players have the same levels of natural ability, speed and quality on the ball. We have seen around 3600 minutes of Gomes at Barcelona. We know the type of player he is by now.

The Catalans were correct to boo him. I hope - like all the Catalans who booed him and Arda - that he finds a new club soon and is hugely successful there. He is just not Balrcelona quality - never was.

Except we're not communists lol it's a dead ideology.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

So Valverde has it pretty much accurate in who he is playing and not playing Gomes more.

Made up as I said.

Think both have been poor. Semedo been better and played more for it but not been good enough to be ahead of Roberto.
I think it’s more to do with Gomes having made in excess of 70 appearances and showing nothing.

Players better than him, like Arda, for example have been sent packing for less while making less appearances. Another I can think of in the recent past is Rafinha who also made about 70/80 appearances.

Last edited:

Richard.H

EV's obsession with him is very strange. In most other top European teams, he probably wouldn't even make the bench. It's all very strange to me. He must be nutmegging everyone in practice and scoring hat tricks in each session.

Home of Barca Fans