André Gomes

Windhook

Shit statement when you expect every La Masia talent to be Iniesta or Messi like. Sergi Roberto is doing exceptional job as RB (not his natural position), this is his breaktrough season.

M

MessiCam

I'd jeer him on every touch too. He is useless and did nothing ONCE again.

George_Costanza

They should boo EV, not Gomes. The player is barely featured in normal weekly games but always picked up for big games. I have no idea what's the logic but every manager after Pep had a big brain fart.

RMU ReBorn

When Pep was in charge Barcelona's midfield was at the peak of their prowesses . It's obvious that he will have less brainfarts with Xavi operating from the middle

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

We don't even know what Valverde tells Gomes to do. Maybe he asks him to keep it simple and play it safe. Hard to have a great game then.

However, jeering is pointless and pathetic. Truth is that the team will need Gomes the rest of the season. Everybody knows how injury-prone Iniesta is and he is still better qualified for the way they play than other options. Not saying he is the ultimate solution but we'll see him more and more in the coming weeks and therefore he should get all the support from the stands.

Jeering your own player is like pissing into the wind. They can do it when CL is over and La Liga is sealed (not that I'd do it) but not now.

jamrock

Nah If the player isn't good enough you have to let the powers that be know that they messed up with this one.

It won't change any, but at least they are aware the fans aren't pleased.

Cheering him will have them think oh this was a good buy and go out and repeat the mistake.

If I was there I would be booing every touch he takes

Boo Andre gomes boo.

Danic

If i do my job bad no ones cheering.... How should fans express their dislike for a players "work" in any other way?!

JamDav1982

If i do my job bad no ones cheering.... How should fans express their dislike for a players "work" in any other way?!

Terrible analogy and yes they can express themselves in other ways that most likely make the player even worse and piss the rest of team and management.

Danic

not really. i know the jamdev guy would be right around the corner.
Maybe i should have written that every player can have a bad game or two in a row, where the fans SHOULD NOT boo. BUT if he only shows bad performances fans SHOULD be allowed. This are profi players not hobby players
who should arrange themself with something like that. No one should be pissed then.
Or maybe in a jamdev world we should pack the players in feathers and always cheer even after 10 bad games in a row.

JamDav1982

not really. i know the jamdev guy would be right around the corner.
Maybe i should have written that every player can have a bad game or two in a row, where the fans SHOULD NOT boo. BUT if he only shows bad performances fans SHOULD be allowed. This are profi players not hobby players
who should arrange themself with something like that. No one should be pissed then.
Or maybe in a jamdev world we should pack the players in feathers and always cheer even after 10 bad games in a row.

Yes really. Terrible analogy.

Who has said fans should not be allowed to boo? Who has said that fans should be cheering him?

Making things up there again. You are good at that.

The reason not to boo is it piles on the pressure to him as a player and pisses off the players and management.

You do seem like the type that would go to game and boo a Barca player it has to be said.

Pique is right 'fans' like that be better off staying at home. Ter Stegen was right to have a go at them so to was Valverde.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

I’d jeer any rubbish player to be honest. The fans dissatisfaction should be made known. The alternative is the fans just not going to the games...

Management and the other players can pick their poison.

raskolnikov

I’d jeer any rubbish player to be honest. The fans dissatisfaction should be made known. The alternative is the fans just not going to the games...

Management and the other players can pick their poison.

I feel its only justified if he puts in a Arda type effort. Gomes trains hard and tries his best so its unfair to boo the guy. Even if its booing Valverde’s decision it still destroys his confidence. Not a fan of this, we are not Madrid.

PhilS

Booing a particular bad play, like a suicide pass in your own penalty area, or a keeper letting in a goal while he gets a drink of water, I think that's OK. Just booing a member of our team because he is entering the game, bad form. We should all be loyal cules, grateful for the efforts of every player. I could see booing if the player has publically repudiated the team, possibly the final Barca days of Ibra. That's the whole list, Ibra.

CatalinR10

tenor.gif

Home of Barca Fans