André Gomes

Horatio

You're welcome

The joke is that he seems as indecisive during interviews as on the pitch. Favourite movie? Don't know. Favourite book? Don't know. Favourite song? Don't have any but I have been listening to a lot of Spanish songs lately. Favourite food? Don't have a problem with any dish but if I had to choose Spaghetti Bolognese. A special skill? Sure something, but nothing in particular.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Out of form Paulinho > Decoy Gomes

At least Paulinho is useful in the final third and got the strength to challenge people defensively as well as hold them off. Gomes is such a weakling for a player of his stature.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We made a similar bet over this last season and I ended up getting stuck with this profile picture for so long it grew on me and now I actually like it.

That being said... name your terms.

How about a Trump/Roy Moore avatar :pep:

So we're scouting him after signing him?

giphy.gif

You guys should thank me for not accepting a bet because Mr. Decoy is set to start tomorrow :lol:

God Serena

Considering the alternatives, off-form Paulinho, off-form and not integrated Dembele or in-form, but just not talented Vidal, it will be between Gomes and Vidal imho. As its away match and Gomes is probably still better defensively, It makes sense to use him and probably sub him off for Vidal or Dembele in second half.

Paulinho is in the same form he's always in, he's just not very good. That being said, he offers more defensively than Gomes, even if that's not saying much, and there is a chance he could possibly score a goal, while we already know ahead of time that Gomes isn't capable of putting a shot on target.

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andre Gomes has been rested. He's not played since February 8. The midfielder is fresh and is mostly likely to start against Chelsea tomorrow <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/fcblive?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#fcblive</a> [sport]</p>— Barcastuff (@barcastuff__) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcastuff__/status/965576834892156928?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 19, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

horrible

Fake news. Why would EV rest Gomes but not anyone else?

The lineup vs Eibar will clearly be the one that plays against Chelsea.

Last edited:

God Serena

Capture.jpg

Is anyone else's page tripping out like this? I think this might be what [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] asked about this earlier.

LeeRomeno

Paulinho is in the same form he's always in, he's just not very good. That being said, he offers more defensively than Gomes, even if that's not saying much, and there is a chance he could possibly score a goal, while we already know ahead of time that Gomes isn't capable of putting a shot on target.

Not really, he didnt pass straight to noone and missed clear headers in early season.

LeeRomeno

Wait... Gomes better defensively?

He will attempt more tackles yes, but he won’t win more. It’s best that he stays on the bench, better still excluded from the final squad.

He offers nothing.

He is better defensively as his positioning is better than Paulinhos, at least it feels like that, but are capable of doing completely random assists to opposition players near our box though. Anyways, I still think Paulinho will probably start as i feel like Eibar lineup was the same we are going to use vs Chelsea.

Home of Barca Fans