André Gomes

michelco

I remember Modric used to play left wing (cutting inside) at Spurs since they deemed him too light weight to be a CM in PL. Maybe it took him some time to fully adapt to the CM role.

Anyway, regarding a bid for Gomes? I don't believe it. Mendes is his agent, it's all smoke and mirrors.

serghei

The idea that a player can be scraped and branded a failure after a single one season, Never made sense to me, Specially when it involves a midfielder, And for a team like barca, It's a tricky position, Specially isn't as easy to integrate into as a CB or a full back, And i know what i'm about to show will trigger many, And blow the bubble they've wrapped themselves around.

asdasfa.jpg

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/368112/Luka-Modric-tops-poll-as-worst-signing-of-the-year
Oh yeah, That actually happened, He was voted by marca as the worst signing, Followed by alex song!!
And for those ready to start straw-manning me, As if somehow i'm suggesting that every player who under-performs in his first season will somehow turn world class the next, Then no, That's not my point.
But the idea that some how a lack-luster first season condems and reduce a player as a faliure, Just doesn't line up with the real world.
I'll give gomes a second chance this season, It's the sensible thing to do.

True. I think the same.

Raketa10

True. I think the same.

There is one difference though Modric was a class in Tottenham and Gomes was never that good in Valencia. But one thing is sure I would rather give him one more year than bring Paulinho who will steal his and Roberto's minutes.

serghei

There is one difference though Modric was a class in Tottenham and Gomes was never that good in Valencia. But one thing is sure I would rather give him one more year than bring Paulinho who will steal his and Roberto's minutes.

Maybe Gomes wasn't as good with Valencia as Modric was with Tottenham, but he was still pretty good, with some great games in the derbies against both Madrid and Barca.

blaugrana1987

Maybe Gomes wasn't as good with Valencia as Modric was with Tottenham, but he was still pretty good, with some great games in the derbies against both Madrid and Barca.
They finished 12th. They werent even a solid MF team, they were downright dissapointment of the year. "B-b-but Gomes was PRETTY GOOD for 12th team in the league. Had some GOOD games".

Jesus this fanbase needs a kick. We are literally accepting players that not even Arsenal would entertain. We are here solely because of our attack. Our MFhas been terrible whole season long. Our most expansive midfielders didnt even play in pre season matches (Arda and Gomes), yet here we are..."Give him a chance".

Zincubus

Banned
They werent for christ sake! Who said it wasnt a ploy by our friend mendes to jack up the price? Guy is not talented enough. He is too big and not agile enough. He is not quick on his feet and doesnt have what it takes, mentally, to dominate midfield.

Therefore he is a failure.

It's truly laughable to see just how many people around here think they know better than Zidane and many other incredibly knowledgable people :)

blaugrana1987

It's truly laughable to see just how many people around here think they know better than Zidane and many other incredibly knowledgable people :)
Zidane didnt want him. It was a ploy from Mendes. No body was fighting over him. He is dissapointment in Barca and Portugal as well.

No body is lining up to buy him...Mendes is searching for a club but no one wants to buy him. Why would anyone want to? Can you say one thing great about him? Good enough to make us wait another year with him? Speed? Agility? Technique? Positioning? Awareness? Nothing. Literally average in every cathegory. But oohh...he should be the leader of barca MF in next 2-3 yrs tops.

Messi983

They finished 12th. They werent even a solid MF team, they were downright dissapointment of the year. "B-b-but Gomes was PRETTY GOOD for 12th team in the league. Had some GOOD games".

And this was Gomes's fault? Valencia is a mess for years now.

Also, Betis finished 15th last season and Madrid buy Ceballos from them. He must also be a shitty player.

Jombi

And this was Gomes's fault? Valencia is a mess for years now.

Also, Betis finished 15th last season and Madrid buy Ceballos from them. He must also be a shitty player.

Ceballos was far, far better than Gomes ever was for Valencia. Gomes is a slow, weak, timid and dumb player. Thats been obvious for years. The opposite of someone like Ceballos (who is 3 years younger than Gomes).

jamrock

I'm almost 100% sure zidane didn't want Gomes, there is nothing special about Gomes now or then that would speak to a player like zidane, that was all Mendes trying to drum up support for his player

Alik

Ceballos was far, far better than Gomes ever was for Valencia. Gomes is a slow, weak, timid and dumb player. Thats been obvious for years. The opposite of someone like Ceballos (who is 3 years younger than Gomes).

Not to mention Ceballos has many players ahead of him in RM and he was brought to reinforce the squad. While Gomes was brought to get a starting 11 spot.

Home of Barca Fans