Andoni Zubizarreta

F

Flavia

Best team ever being built by Txiki is pushing it.

The majority of players and all the important players in that team were at the club long before Tkixi was.

Not pushing anything. That team was build during Laporta's tenure. Without txiki work, it wouldn't become that legendary Barça. He obviously wasn't alone.

And as zubi proved later, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Pique alone can't win titles.

JamDav1982

Yes, it turned to shambles. Losing 7-0 for bayern is what, if not shambles? The team was still fighting for league and cl because we still had amazing once in a generation players, like Messi, Iniesta, Pique, Valdes. And precisely because of this, the team should had been reinforced properly. We could already had won another cl, at least.

Rosell's board was a big failure, and Zubi was a big failure. No wonder Barto fired him, when he decided to straighten things out. Zubi had the past summer to try and fix things, and what did he bring? Douglas and Vermaelen.

7-0 was a shambles of a game no doubt, but I think all top clubs have had these results in past few years.

I am not arguing the team didnt dip, they clearly did but I dont think it was ever as terrible as people make out. Maybe that result aside.

Rosell fucked up by trying to distinguish himself from Laporta in terms of finances and took his eye off ball but on the park the team has not been all that bad. It has been a period of building a new team which to me it feels only now has the previous era been got past.

Zubi in the past summer - sold Fabregas and Sanchez, brought in Lucho and gave Lucho a big say on transfers and trusted/went with him as much as they could.

I give Zubi some credit for that as I do give some credit to Tkixi bringing in Pep and allowing him to rebuild even if that mean a few shit S American youngsters that would barely play.

I dont long for Zubi back though, just give him more credit for this squad and manager than a lot of others seem to.

JamDav1982

Not pushing anything. That team was build during Laporta's tenure. Without txiki work, it wouldn't become that legendary Barça. He obviously wasn't alone.

And as zubi proved later, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Pique alone can't win titles.

Yeah obviously Tkixi deserves some credit for putting that squad together but those same players were struggling before Pep came in to get anywhere near that level.

Pep came in, organised the team. Pep got rid of the high profile players not cutting it and Pep decided what players he needed.

They deserve support for backing Pep but wihtout Pep and with Tkixi or any other Sporting Director that era never happens.

F

Flavia

7-0 was a shambles of a game no doubt, but I think all top clubs have had these results in past few years.

I am not arguing the team didnt dip, they clearly did but I dont think it was ever as terrible as people make out. Maybe that result aside.

Rosell fucked up by trying to distinguish himself from Laporta in terms of finances and took his eye off ball but on the park the team has not been all that bad. It has been a period of building a new team which to me it feels only now has the previous era been got past.

Zubi in the past summer - sold Fabregas and Sanchez, brought in Lucho and gave Lucho a big say on transfers and trusted/went with him as much as they could.

I give Zubi some credit for that as I do give some credit to Tkixi bringing in Pep and allowing him to rebuild even if that mean a few shit S American youngsters that would barely play.

I dont long for Zubi back though, just give him more credit for this squad and manager than a lot of others seem to.

You give him more credit than he deserves, though.

F

Flavia

CGVJzJwWsAAqaJN.jpg

Someone was at the final last night.

Galning

He is sitting in the VIP boxes behind the two benches. It just happened that there's Bilbao fans behind him.

Home of Barca Fans