Ander Herrera

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Its odd isn't it and i suppose i can't really say he would start over any of them as he doesn't even get game time to show if he is better/worse than any of the listed above ahah. Obviously Van Gaal does hold him in as high esteem as united fans or people who watched him regulary for bilbao.

One thing that does confuse me is why does rosicky not get more game time? He has been brilliant the last few times i have seen him. I know he is getting on but surely he can still play more...

Wenger always saves Rosicky, I'm not sure why but if I had to guess he wants a DM, a CAM, and a "work-rate" midfielder, and Rosicky is great if he plays sporadically but if he was handed a starting role he would very quickly tire out? Since he is 34 and all...

I also agree with the trio of Di Maria-Herrera-Blind, seems to me like he bought all three of them for exactly that purpose, makes enormous amount of sense, Di Maria can provide width if needed, Rooney can drop back, play another wider player with Falcao up top, back 4 United are used to... The only explanation I have is they tried it in training and something went completely wrong...

You know you're doing it wrong when Fellaini is decisive to the functionality of your tactics or setup

Fellaini has been their second best outfield player this season after Mata IMO. Easily their best player during the recent 10 (or was it 11) game unbeaten streak.

oggydude

The lack of ST quality will force Rooney to play upfront and hopefully give Herrera his place, wasn't that bad defensively today. Level of goals with ADM & Falcao.

Fellaini is a beast, he makes up for his technical ability with his height and strength, excellent option to have in your squad, nightmare to defend against.

EdmondDantes

I'm happy for the lad, he's got a decent amount of goals and assists to his name considering the fact he gets cast aside almost every game by Van Gaal. It must be a bit strange though, a club pays £30 million for your services and then rarely gives you a chance.

BenRobbins

He was really good today. 6 starts 6 goals and 5 assists. Quality.

But due to us loosing i think we will resort back to our shite house tactics for the next game.

EdmondDantes

I think Van Gaal will swallow his pride and keep him in the 11 for now with the goals he scored recently. The problem is, it's gonna be on Mata's expense. Mata who himself hasn't left the bench for what, 3 or 4 games now...

BenRobbins

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd
.@AnderHerrera has been voted #mufc's Player of the Month for February. Well done, Ander!

:cheers:

I'm convinced that LVG thought Herrera was guilty as an accomplice of the match fixing scandal, but since the hearing was postponed (again), he probably thinks the evidence against Herrera is too weak.

oggydude

2 more goals today, such a classy and calm player. LVG messed up early on this season by trying to fit RVP/Falcao/Mata/ADM/Rooney in the lineup and ignoring him.

Home of Barca Fans