Alisson

El Gato

Villarato!
Cillessen is unproven? He is the keeper for the Dutch NT FYI.

Unless you are saying they failed to qualify for the WC because of him.

A Dutch team that failed to qualify for 2 consecutive tournaments? Cillessen has done nothing to warrant any recognition and last notable thing before the few memorable games in Copa is getting subbed out for a penalty shootout with Netherlands.

[MENTION=15783]KingMessi[/MENTION]
In the world where Madrid was completely fine forking out a similar sum for a top keeper 2 years ago? Add to that the inflation factor, the highest price possible for a first choice Brazil and Roma keeper and a top10 keeper in the world who is probably a 30-40 transfer in the normal world pre-Neymar, becomes 60-70 in this current one. If Roma valued him at 50 then there would be many more takers so they have to narrow it down to those who are willing to pay up by keeping the asking price high.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Alisson is a better GK than Cillessen.

Cillessen has proved absolutely nothing more than being a decent GK for Ajax and a good backup for Barca.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I wasn't impressed with Alisson in the previous season. He parries the ball away into dangerous areas too much for my liking. If he doesn't improve this he will get massacred with crosses in the PL.

Barcilliant

I wasn't impressed with Alisson in the previous season. He parries the ball away into dangerous areas too much for my liking. If he doesn't improve this he will get massacred with crosses in the PL.

I agree. Ederson is a better keeper and better with his feet too. Still Liverpool have signed some excellent players. They have a chance at both league and Cl this season.

George_Costanza

Naby Keita, Fabinho, Shaqiri, Alisson and soon Fekir. All the money we gave them will make them a very strong team.

Funny that Klopp is the one who said about Pogba to United deal: "Other clubs can go out and spend more money, I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money."

Then he broke the record for most expensive CB and GK.

ASordidGod

Naby Keita, Fabinho, Shaqiri, Alisson and soon Fekir. All the money we gave them will make them a very strong team.

Funny that Klopp is the one who said about Pogba to United deal: "Other clubs can go out and spend more money, I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money."

Tbf their net spend still isn't at the level of other top clubs. And anyway, with prices as they are now broken records were inevitable. But yeah, would have been smarter not to say anything in the first place. :lol:

Donatello

I agree. Ederson is a better keeper and better with his feet too. Still Liverpool have signed some excellent players. They have a chance at both league and Cl this season.

They reached CL finals and finished 4th in the epl with trash GK like Karius & Minolet. Alisson is a huge upgrade over them.

Plus, Ederson and Alisson don't have a huge gap. Its Alisson who starts for Brazil, not Ederson.

Last edited:

Tiny Kim

Pogba was the outright highest priced player in history during that time, nevermind the highest priced midfielder. So Klopp was not wrong. If Alisson cost Liverpool £200m, then you'd have a case against him. But he doesn't. He costs slightly more than 1/3 of that price.

So what if Alisson is the highest priced Goalkeeper? Walker for £50m was the costliest defender, one whole month before the Neymar inflation even happened. With the inflation, that would've risen to near £100m, even more than VVD. Ederson was also bought a month before Neymar transfer. So City had the costliest Gk and defender in history in one window.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans