Alexis Sanchez

CatalinR10

This video for me sums up Alexis's season.

You could make video like this after every game he has played this season.

11sgljp.jpg

That's in my opinion the worst part out of all this. If he was just garbage, he wouldn't get playing time. However, instead he gets a lot because he's actually making good runs, working hard, he just cannot finish to save his life.

This. The worst part about it is that he does everything right except finishing. Which basically makes everything he does right useless.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Alexis is stuck in a rut, clearly. He's low on confidence, but he hasn't been at the club long enough for people to seriously be talking about a permanent transfer out of the club. I admit that if it still isn't working next season then that option should be considered, but we've seen that he can work along our attacking trident, particularly last season and he deserves a chance to turn it around.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Chances instead of who exactly? Pedro? Tello barely plays as it is, Cuenca (who looked wonderful on right side last season) had to go on loan. What about Deu next season?
I 'd say these guys deserve a chance too.

Garrus

Chances instead of who exactly? Pedro? Tello barely plays as it is, Cuenca (who looked wonderful on right side last season) had to go on loan. What about Deu next season?
I 'd say these guys deserve a chance too.
Then why doesn't tito give them these 'chances', Why the poor tello isn't getting enough time while the horrible alexis is getting so much, Why bartra is left to rot in the bench while the horrendous macherano is getting to play, Is tito just a coach who doesn't know what he's doing, Or maybe he's just biased and blind.
You know bojan, It's easy playing 'The coach' game behind a laptop screen, I can too start demanding all kind of stuff, But i don't because not only i'm thousand of miles away with no real insight on what's happening every day at the training with them, But most importantly because no matter how much i think i know about football, I don't as much as tito or any one of the coaching staff, So the only real thing i can do is try infer reasons and understand why these decision are being made, Which we all know must be ultimately be for the benefit of the team

Last edited:

Edman

I shiver at the thought of Messi getting seriously injured. I don't see us getting any prizes if this were to happen soon. We really need more natural goal scorers

I believe the only reason he's (alexis) getting so much playtime is because he is a great player who they paid big bucks for, and are hoping he will regain his form.

Kerrybai

Then why doesn't tito give them these 'chances', Why the poor tello isn't getting enough time while the horrible alexis is getting so much, Why bartra is left to rot in the bench while the horrendous macherano is getting to play, Is tito just a coach who doesn't know what he's doing, Or maybe he's just biased and blind.
You know bojan, It's easy playing 'The coach' game behind a laptop screen, I can too start demanding all kind of stuff, But i don't because not only i'm behind a screen with no real insight on what's happening every day at the training with them, But most importantly because no matter how much i think i know about football, I don't as much as tito or any one of the coaching staff, So the only real thing i can do is try infer reasons and understand why these decision are being made, Which we all know must be ultimately be for the benefit of the team

Titos in hospital though, it's a very unique situation we are in right now. The team selections may be conservative due to Titos situation. Roura may be too inexperienced to mess around with the team too much. I'm not claiming to have insider knowledge on the team selection, but I don't think it's fair to point the finger at Tito considering the current situation.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Hey guys :wave: Juventus fan here.

I was wondering, how much do you think Barça would valuate Alexis? In a monetary point of view, of course.

I'm not too sure about this move of him going to Juve, specially due to his actual form. I know that he rocked Serie A few years ago and he used to play at a different position there and by this I believe that he can regain his form here, with his mates Vidal and Isla, and in a system that will be very benevolent with him.

Anyways, good luck with Milan :handshake:

Hello :)

I think the management wants to keep him for another season, because they seem to believe in his abilities. But with that said an offer of around 30 million euros might be enough.

ShandyFFM

he should spend one million of his wages for mental care... so he can finally score again.... nothing against him but when it comes to super important games and i see how alexis isnt capable of scoing when he has a huge chance ... that the main problem not his workrate or his character

King Leo

Banned
For those who still believe in Alexis and want to give him more chances, I think they should remind themselves of the 37millions we paid for him. He's been with us for some time now and with that kind of money one would expect more out of him. Why did we loan Bojan then? he was on par with Alexis if not a little better and surly cheaper.

Everything is fine because Messi scores, but if for whatever reason we lost Leo during big games, you'll think twice and ask why did we spend 37 millions on Alexis?

Bring AGUERO! solid partner to Messi and someone we should have bought instead of Alexis.

Kerrybai

Hey guys :wave: Juventus fan here.

I was wondering, how much do you think Barça would valuate Alexis? In a monetary point of view, of course.

I'm not too sure about this move of him going to Juve, specially due to his actual form. I know that he rocked Serie A few years ago and he used to play at a different position there and by this I believe that he can regain his form here, with his mates Vidal and Isla, and in a system that will be very benevolent with him.

Anyways, good luck with Milan :handshake:

It's hard to say, for us he is no more than a 15 million euro player considering how horrible his finishing is and his inability to beat players 1v1. However his Udinese form was far beyond what he is for us but of course he will be judged more now on how he has played for us. I'd be happy if Juve tool him off our hands for 20-25 million.

khaled_a_d

Alexis is stuck in a rut, clearly. He's low on confidence, but he hasn't been at the club long enough for people to seriously be talking about a permanent transfer out of the club. I admit that if it still isn't working next season then that option should be considered, but we've seen that he can work along our attacking trident, particularly last season and he deserves a chance to turn it around.

That is huge risk , b/c another crappy season his value in the market will be the worst ,we can sell him now based on the hype he got when he was in italy and the fact that he was good in his first season ,but another awful year will maximize the risk for team interested in getting him and won't pay a lot
if we want to cut our losses we need to hear the offer next year and sell him if we find a good one ,or we wait and see if he can turn things out ,which is high risk high reward move
I prefer the first ,with Tello/Cuenca/Gerard and possibly Neymar playing next year

Home of Barca Fans