Alexis Sanchez

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Note the words "deliver as expected"

It was a good season by Messi, but knowing what he's capable of...

So is it going to be expected for Messi to return to his previous production and instead of doubling the production of the other forwards, to triple it or quadruple it like in previous years? Is that what we should expect?

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
So is it going to be expected for Messi to return to his previous production and instead of doubling the production of the other forwards, to triple it or quadruple it like in previous years? Is that what we should expect?

It's not what we should rely on or anything, but it would have been the least surprising thing this season, as opposed to Neymar and Alexis matching his tally.

serghei

That he was even in race tells of his quality. He went to Argentina with 8!!!! league goals while they both were on 20 or more.

Yea, the injury was unfortunate, but Ronaldo also had problems with injuries. In fact, Ronaldo played 2540 minutes this season, and Messi played 2613. His season was mediocre for his huge standards, but still good for normal standards. That's the truth.

serghei

It's not what we should rely on or anything, but it would have been the least surprising thing this season, as opposed to Neymar and Alexis matching his tally.

Yea, out of Alexis, Neymar and Messi, Alexis' numbers are the most surprising. I didn't expect Alexis to score more than Benzema for example.

Kerrybai

^Expecting Messi to produce like before is unfair under the current tavtics. He averaged 45 passes ppg, the same as 09/10. He also average the same 0.89 goals ppg. The other seasons he got the bdll more averaging overview 60 passes ppg, and as a result he scored more goals. He'll scored the insane numbers when he revieves the ball more, bringing Ronaldo into tie debate is uneccessary.

Nothing at all surprising about Messi's numbers when you take into account our tactics which no longer centred around him.

serghei

^Expecting Messi to produce like before is unfair under the current tavtics. He averaged 45 passes ppg, the same as 09/10. He also average the same 0.89 goals ppg. The other seasons he got the bdll more averaging overview 60 passes ppg, and as a result he scored more goals. He'll scored the insane numbers when he revieves the ball more, bringing Ronaldo into tie debate is uneccessary.

I don't expect Messi to do anything. I just call it what I see it. His season was pretty good, but two other players have had better seasons. Since I know Messi wants to be the best in the world again, he needs to step it up. And he understands that.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

Well then in that case, let's demand more from the other 2 forwards instead of feeling disappointed when Messi merely doubles their individual production instead of tripling or quadrupling it. Last I checked they are also supposed to be world class player, even if they cannot compete in talent with Messi.

Yea, out of Alexis, Neymar and Messi, Alexis' numbers are the most surprising. I didn't expect Alexis to score more than Benzema for example.

That's because he didn't. Alexis scored 21 goals this season, Benzema 24.

serghei

Well then in that case, let's demand more from the other 2 forwards instead of feeling disappointed when Messi merely doubles their individual production instead of tripling or quadrupling it. Last I checked they are also supposed to be world class player, even if they cannot compete in talent with Messi.

That's because he didn't. Alexis scored 21 goals this season, Benzema 24.

I was talking about the League, you know, the longest and most relevant competition of the season.

CesDel

Yea, the injury was unfortunate, but Ronaldo also had problems with injuries. In fact, Ronaldo played 2540 minutes this season, and Messi played 2613. His season was mediocre for his huge standards, but still good for normal standards. That's the truth.

C.Ronaldo has played 2655 minutes, while Messi has played 2613 minutes.

The stats taken from the homepage of Barca & Real Madrid
http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/staff/players/messi/stats
http://www.realmadrid.com/en/football/squad/cristiano-ronaldo-dos-santos

Considering that this is, apparently, C.Ronaldo best ever season and Messi's worst ever season, it aint that bad.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I was talking about the League, you know, the longest and most relevant competition of the season.

Ah yes, La Liga. I forgot that was the trump card for any and all Alexis arguments. Goals in other competitions, even UCL, don't really matter.

serghei

C.Ronaldo has played 2655 minutes, while Messi has played 2613 minutes.

The stats taken from the homepage of Barca & Real Madrid
http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/staff/players/messi/stats
http://www.realmadrid.com/en/football/squad/cristiano-ronaldo-dos-santos

Considering that this is, apparently, C.Ronaldo best ever season and Messi's worst ever season, it aint that bad.

Man, when you compare top scorers in Europe, you compare them in their domestic leagues, not in CL. Not every player plays in CL.

CesDel

Man, when you compare top scorers in Europe, you compare them in their domestic leagues, not in CL. Not every player plays in CL.

I am only talking about the league, bro. If I would be comparing in all competition it would add up to this..

C.Ronaldo has played 2655 minutes in the league + 914 minutes in the CL + 510 minutes in the cup = 4079 minutes in total.

Messi has played 2613 minutes in the league + 658 minutes in the CL + 493 minutes in the cup = 3764 minutes in total

So basically, C.Ronaldo has played a couple more minutes in the league. And even though this is Messi's worst season EVER, and arguably C.Ronaldo's best season ever, Messi has only scored 3 less goals in the league, while getting 2 more assist.

If you ask me, not that bad considering how much sh*t Messi has been getting..

Last edited:

serghei

@CesDel

No, Messi's season is not that bad, but it's not enough for him to remain best in the world either. Let's see his World Cup and his next season.

CesDel

@CesDel

No, Messi's season is not that bad, but it's not enough for him to remain best in the world either. Let's see his World Cup and his next season.

I don't think that he has been the best player in the world this season either, but then again I don't think that C.ronaldo has been the best either, but that has nothing to do with this arguement. I just think that he is receiving far to much criticism atm considering that Iniesta, for example, who has had an even worse season, has not been criticized at all compared to Messi.

Home of Barca Fans