Alexis Sanchez

ShandyFFM

I think Barca didnt play well at all this time. The pace of the game Barca played was very slow. Players like Alexis or Pedro arent wingers when taken out of the game they dont know how to handel this situation. On the one site they struggle to provide real danger. No shoting no crossing. Alexis mostly takes out the momentum off the Ball when he get it he always try to hold it and never do a one touch run to get around a defender with the momentum of the ballspeed. Then again he does more sidesteps then realy sprinting with the ball. Because of this the defense can easily get back together. Same here with Pedro. Stop and turn all the time. Then there is the passing which is often not very soild especially from Alexis. It seems like he just istn good enough to play for Barca. This combined with a Xavi and Iniesta who doesnt have the pace nor the drive to take on a defense with speed to break it we will suffer very much without Messi. Neymar did show in his short time what you can do with pace direct play and a bit more confident in your play. Although i think for a game like this Tello and Neymar as a starter would have been crucial without having Messi to provide space. What i really liked about Neymar is how he not only was on his wing but was going to take the center forward role in sometime.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

I dont get why he keeps falling over/gliding at every turn or step over, the guy is like Bambi on ice.
Thats what bothers me the most about his play, along with him and Pedro being completely dependant.
Messidependencia is caused partially by the wingers who are very easy to nullify.

slvtn

I think he was good last night. Fighting for every ball and a good team worker. Too bad he didn't score the header as some goals would give him even more confidence. Would like to see him as false nine with Pedro and Neymar on the wings. I feel that he would be more effective then. But that just might happen when Messi is injured.

alex88bg

The problem with alexis and pedro is their inability to addapt.There is no plan b for them,Pedro seems a little smarter to addapt but just doesnt have enough ability to beat his players or open himself up in tight spaces.Pedro is fine when he has space but when its tight he keeps circling around his player and when he gets the ball he just doesnt have any abiltity to beat his marker bar his pace...Alexis and Pedro just arent dangerous and thats our biggest weakness in the team,thats is what neymar is supposed to change,but come on guys he is just a very young kid that has a lot of learning to do although his quality is collosal...Yes and am i the only one that thinks that pique is lame excuse for an athlete ? I mean with much more strick regime on and off the field (gym) he would gain explosiveness and confidense and dont tell me its not important...Look at Puyol at late 30s he looks really prepared and ready compared to Pique.

fcbdna

Banned
Was good, but needs to get decisive! Noticed on numerous occasions he got himself into nice positions but then decided to take one or more steps further rather than cross or pull the trigger. . . Always resulted in him loosing the ball to the obviously physically superior defenders.

Gaudi

I just don't like him, he is so easily nullified it makes me laugh...he looks clumsy, body all over the playe, like he is on rollerblades. He also gets so excited in front of goal, yesterday only offside spared him blushes...moves tooooooooo far to the right, falls over the ball, misses the goal...like everything I hate in one action!

ShandyFFM

Funny thing Allasfcb on youtube still uploads all this Alexis vids. Freaking annoys me thought this guy would be really great in tactics and analysis but he love Alexis so hard that he disabled the commentary so no one can hate there i guess. Just had enough and endet the subscription on his channel.

CesDel

Where have our standards fallen when we consider this a good performance...

It really depends on who it is. If it was Villa when he was here, all he had to do was score a tap-in. No matter if he lost 500 balls, didn't dribble past anyone or missed 10 chances or was invicible for 99.9% of the time. But if it's Alexis or Pedro, then he has to dribble past 10 players everytime he has the ball, not lose the ball once and has to score 5 goals in both halfs for it to be considered above average..

For example, the only bad thing about Alexis last night was his finishing, but he dribbled past player, assisted(easy assist), faught etc and apparently he was shite...

Kerrybai

It really depends on who it is. If it was Villa when he was here, all he had to do was score a tap-in. No matter if he lost 500 balls, didn't dribble past anyone or missed 10 chances or was invicible for 99.9% of the time. But if it's Alexis or Pedro, then he has to dribble past 10 players everytime he has the ball, not lose the ball once and has to score 5 goals in both halfs for it to be considered above average..

For example, the only bad thing about Alexis last night was his finishing, but he dribbled past player, assisted(easy assist), faught etc and apparently he was shite...

Villa got an awful lot of hate. Also no one is discriminating against Alexis, some of us simply expect more from him.

Home of Barca Fans