Alexis Sanchez

Theconomist

True, but if you compare it to Mou's or Bayern's transfer history, it's still not on the same level.. but then again, they probably had more capable sports directors.
Pep won't be free to do as he pleases at Bayern in terms of transfers for 2 reasons:
1- they already have a complete squad
2- they don't have unlimited funds; yes they are rich but they want to post a profit year in year out which means 1 40 mill player a season only.

R

rivaldo10

"Pep was indeed horrible at transfers, which makes me kind of question his ability as a coach, but I guess his success proves me wrong."

well he got messi in the team

Barcilliant

"Pep was indeed horrible at transfers, which makes me kind of question his ability as a coach, but I guess his success proves me wrong."

well he got messi in the team

In 08-09 we had the right blend of power, speed and skill. Guys like Yaya, Keita, Eto and Henry were there. Pep got rid of all the black players and brought in the smaller latin players. It worked for a short while but alot of cracks have been showing since last season.

Theconomist

our defense wasn't perfect by any stretch. Also people didnt know how to play against us, except Numancia and Racing.

Strong this.
Also Henry and Eto'o were amazing, it was Messi's breakthrough season, Iniesta was amazing and Xavi got the freedom to do what he does best. (And we had a defence)

ab739

In 08-09 we had the right blend of power, speed and skill. Guys like Yaya, Keita, Eto and Henry were there. Pep got rid of all the black players and brought in the smaller latin players. It worked for a short while but alot of cracks have been showing since last season.

:lol:

Ghost

Sanchez needs to go. I couldn't care less about him being ''young'' or whatever excuse people come up with to defend him, he needs to go.

Villa is 31, went through a devastating injury, been playing out of position for 2 season now and he still managed to play better than Sanchez this season.

El Guaje

Sanchez needs to go. I couldn't care less about him being ''young'' or whatever excuse people come up with to defend him, he needs to go.

Villa is 31, went through a devastating injury, been playing out of position for 2 season now and he still managed to play better than Sanchez this season.

Yeah, throw away him and spare Pedro who has been even worse :d

mobster_1930

Just read on elmundo that he bought apartment in one of the most exclusive parts of Barcelona and it costed him around 1mil.€. He has no intention of going. Winston Bogarde 2.0 ?

Kerrybai

I was looking through some of his Udinese highlights and the contrast with how he plays now is huge. He looks incredibly confident on the ball. He looks like a different player. The biggest difference in my opinion is that his role at Udinese looked much 'freer'. His position doesn't appear to fixed, as opposed to hugging the touchline he moves about wherever he wants.

abual3bed1

All his Udinese videos show how confidence can do wonders for a player. Alexis got it and he can do it in Barca, he needs to get his shit together pretty soon to be counted as one of the essential players for the team.

I remember when Pep used him ahead of Messi in some games and how that worked brilliantly, I wonder why Tito never used him close to the goal?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans