Alexander Hleb

desoe

I don't want him back. We need to play Thiago and Dos Santos as much as we can. They are better than him anyway.

And we don't use him on their positions anyway :D

Last edited:

desoe

We don't have attacking midfielders in the way you imagine it. We have DM, CM's and wingers. During his time in Barca Hleb was used mainly as a LW or RW and I don't remember even one time we used him as a CM, maybe except one or two. (for 10-15 minutes haha)

The right example in this case was not JDS & Thiago, but Pedro & Bojan.

Monte-Barça

Ziga-Zagar
We don't have attacking midfielders in the way you imagine it. We have DM, CM's and wingers. During his time in Barca Hleb was used mainly as a LW or RW and I don't remember even one time we used him as a CM, maybe except one or two. (for 10-15 minutes haha)

The right example in this case was not JDS & Thiago, but Pedro & Bojan.

Yes, because Pep didn't need backup for midfielders, and Hleb is best on that position imo - I mean Iniesta is Mr. Goalscorer comparing to Hleb. We need wingers who can score, like Messi, Pedro and Henry (last year), and "attacking midfielders" who can pass the ball like Xavi, Iniesta, Thiago, JDS, Keita. Hleb can pass the ball and that's all, but there so place for him here... You can say CM's but our CM's will play in any team as AM's... We are different, that's for sure...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
During his time in Barca Hleb was used mainly as a LW or RW and I don't remember even one time we used him as a CM, maybe except one or two. (for 10-15 minutes haha)

One of the many reasons he didn't succeed here

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed. With Thiago and Dos Santos emerging, hopefully we'll have a cover for Xaviesta and won't have to look for costly CMs. 17 million down the drain with this guy...

iced1776

I would take Thiago or JDS before Hleb every day of the week. The guy is a whiner, he says he wants to come back but once he gets here he will lose his head again and blame the club. And he isn't as talented as the youngsters either.

Home of Barca Fans