Alejandro Grimaldo

JamDav1982

Lets see how good he does when leaves the club.

Plenty of young players being given chance by Lucho if Grimaldo cant for whatever reason I back Luchos judgement on that one.

Galning

You don't even know if he'll ever come good on his talent.

This argument goes for every player in the world. If he doesn't get the chance Barça will never know, he's surely done enough to deserve some gametime but wasn't given it. Not even in pre-season. Time will tell.

JamDav1982

This argument goes for every player in the world. If he doesn't get the chance Barça will never know, he's surely done enough to deserve some gametime but wasn't given it. Not even in pre-season. Time will tell.

Who do you blame for him not being given game time?

Clearly its Lucho who must have his reasons. Whether he is right or wrong remains to be seen.

Galning

Who do you blame for him not being given game time?

Clearly its Lucho who must have his reasons. Whether he is right or wrong remains to be seen.

I don't blame anyone, the decision is Lucho's. In football not every talent makes it. But the "you don't know" argument works both ways, also for those who think it's a good idea to let Grimaldo go. The odds of a player making it at Barça are a lot smaller than him failing.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Well, if he does come good, then we'll offer to sign him again. And he'll probably come back, either for the club or for the money.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
If only he had accepted the loan to Levante (he likely rejected it because he played in Valencia's youth system iirc).

JamDav1982

I don't blame anyone, the decision is Lucho's. In football not every talent makes it. But the "you don't know" argument works both ways, also for those who think it's a good idea to let Grimaldo go. The odds of a player making it at Barça are a lot smaller than him failing.

Of course the 'you dont know' argument works both ways I think that is why it was brought up to say no one really knows.

In response to people making out Barca have let some huge talent go that club will regret or are wrong to do so.

God Serena

The club could have done that to probably get more money for him I agree. But playing him in meaningless games just to increase the buy out would not have made him want to stay.

But that season he got loads of chances to get up the pecking order and reality was he never did enough to get ahead of Xavi, Iniesta or Cesc.

As I said he was given his chance couldnt take it and decide to leave. There is nothing the club did wrong other than if you wanted them to play him just to get a higher fee.

His buyout was something like 80m wasn't it? There was no way he was leaving for anything close to that, and considering our options for CM were literally just an aging Xavi, Iniesta, and Cesc who was often too busy playing false-9 (due to Messi's injuries), I can't imagine us letting him leave for anything less than his buyout.

navidjaan

If only he had accepted the loan to Levante (he likely rejected it because he played in Valencia's youth system iirc).

No, he rejected because the board tried to force him to sign it by telling him in the last hours of deadline day, without telling him anything beforehand.

Home of Barca Fans