Alejandro Grimaldo

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
It might have been during the last nextgen series game, although it wasn't mentioned in the article

impeh

Hi, its me..
least it went well, hopefully he recovers fully and it doesnt lead to lots of niggling injuries.

Micah

7 months is along time, i hope he doesn't end up like Muniesa. I think they overused him, he played way more than a 16 year old should. I think he was one of the most used players this season. And especially being a wingback there is so much of running to do, they should have rotated him once in a while. Edgar Ie looked a good player in the only game he played, suprisingly he wasn't given a single chance until grimaldo got injured. Why did they even buy him god sake.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
7 months is a much longer period than the initial assessment :(

I hope he uses the time well: building motivation, speaking to Abidal about defending and looking at Maldini videos, because right now we have no suitable wing backs for him to learn about defense. If only we had someone like Maldini or Zanetti...

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

I hope he uses the time well: building motivation, speaking to Abidal about defending and looking at Maldini videos, because right now we have no suitable wing backs for him to learn about defense. If only we had someone like Maldini or Zanetti...

+1

That was the main thing he's supposed to gain in his time with the B team. Defensive solidity and an experienced mentality on when to bomb forward and when to stay back. As he was a winger previously he has a lot of things to learn defensively. This injury is a bump in the road but he's young enough to shake it off with ease and not get held back from it.

khaled_a_d

I hope he uses the time well: building motivation, speaking to Abidal about defending and looking at Maldini videos, because right now we have no suitable wing backs for him to learn about defense. If only we had someone like Maldini or Zanetti...[/QUOTE]

You do realize there was a time when Puyol was one of the best(probably the best) fullbacks in the world,right?

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101

I hope he uses the time well: building motivation, speaking to Abidal about defending and looking at Maldini videos, because right now we have no suitable wing backs for him to learn about defense. If only we had someone like Maldini or Zanetti...[/QUOTE]

You do realize there was a time when Puyol was one of the best(probably the best) fullbacks in the world,right?

I know he used to be a full back, but definitely not the best in the world. And he's been a central defender for the last 10 years.

khaled_a_d

I know he used to be a full back, but definitely not the best in the world. And he's been a central defender for the last 10 years.

Puyol was the best RB in the world in 2002 ,and that wasn't just my opinion ,he was even voted that in UEFA team of the year
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Team_of_the_Year#Team_of_the_Year_2002

sure he was CB for last 10 years ,but he was always solid when needed to play as Full back ,he can help a kid like Grimaldo

Home of Barca Fans